Problem with calling specific indicators from resources - page 2

angevoyageur:
If you are sure that "AbsoluteStrengthMarket_v1" and "AbsoluteStrength_v2" really exists in the right folder (C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\D0E8209F77C8CF37AD8BF550E51FF075\MQL5\Indicators), then there is maybe a MT5/mql5 bug. Ask for help to alexx as suggested, or write to ServiceDesk. And please let us informed.

No, the problem only exists when they are not in the folder. Remember from my previous post, the EA should be published in market, so the indicators don't have to be downloaded by users individually and put in the folder but should be present in the resource of the EA.

So I call the indicator from the resource. This works fine for 2 of the indicators. The EA successfully loads them from its resource.

But both the absolute strength indicators don't get loaded from resource and create the errors.

Of course I can just put them in the folder. But thats not what I can expect customers to do. It has to work right out of the market.

Yes, I already dropped Alexx a line.

Klammeraffe:

No, the problem only exists when they are not in the folder. Remember from my previous post, the EA should be published in market, so the indicators don't have to be downloaded by users individually and put in the folder but should be present in the resource of the EA.

So I call the indicator from the resource. This works fine for 2 of the indicators. The EA successfully loads them from its resource.

But both the absolute strength indicators don't get loaded from resource and create the errors.

Of course I can just put them in the folder. But thats not what I can expect customers to do. It has to work right out of the market.

Yes, I already dropped Alexx a line.

I understood well, but to create your resource the indicators have to be on the right folder (at time of compilation). You have these errors when you are using the version with resource, right ? So that means there is an issue with the resource compiled in your EX5.

Anyway we can't help you here, we will see the answer of Alexx or some one of Metaquotes.

Klammeraffe:

I created some test code with your indicators and it works . . .  try this change . . . 

asHandle = iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "::Indicators\\AbsoluteStrength_v2.ex5", ..................);    //  add the .ex5 extension
   as1Handle = iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "::Indicators\\AbsoluteStrengthMarket_v1.ex5", .....................);     //  add the .ex5 extension

angevoyageur:

I understood well, but to create your resource the indicators have to be on the right folder (at time of compilation). You have these errors when you are using the version with resource, right ? So that means there is an issue with the resource compiled in your EX5.

Anyway we can't help you here, we will see the answer of Alexx or some one of Metaquotes.

Yes, of course they are there. If not (I tried that too) the code doesn't get compiled and creates an error message.

Alexx double checked it too and he doesn't have any problems. So it might only happen on my machine.

(I tested several different clients)

RaptorUK:

I created some test code with your indicators and it works . . .  try this change . . . 

That's actually how it is in the market right now. I get the error with and without extension.

Klammeraffe:
That's actually how it is in the market right now. I get the error with and without extension.

I only get the error without the extension . . .  perhaps it is a UAC issue.

The code is a modified version of a test EA that angevoyageur  posted earlier today.  Please note:  I haven't documented my additions/changes/removals . . .

This compiled version of the code has the Indicators compiled into it, note the file size . . . try running it. 

RaptorUK:

This compiled version of the code has the Indicators compiled into it, note the file size . . . try running it. 

Thank you. It works fine with the testing EA.

Regarding file size: Yes, When I take the absolute strength out of resources its around 200kb and with them its about 290kb. They definitly get compiled into the code.

Anyways, I turned UAC off, and it's still strange that 2 indicators work, and 2 others don't

Alexx tested it too. He didn't get any errors. So it must be a very strange problem on my PC.

Klammeraffe:

Alexx tested it too. He didn't get any errors. So it must be a very strange problem on my PC.

Okay, on another PC he gets the same error. He's going to check with devs.

Klammeraffe:
Okay, on another PC he gets the same error. He's going to check with devs.
Good to know, thanks to inform us.
Reason: