Connectivity issues with Build 1031

Since upgrading to MetaTrader 4.00 Build 1031 (17 Dec 2016) I face connectivity issues on my virtual server.

I have 4 clients running on a virtual server (Windows Server 2012 R2).

It now happened two times, that after about a week one of the terminals showed "No connection" in the status bar. I noticed as there were no push messages coming from my trades.

I manually tried to login by using "File->Login to trade account" without success. I tried to use the "Rescan servers" function without success. But, after I restart the terminal, it immediately reconnects.

The other terminals are still running fine (connected even to the same server) and the internet connection is also working.

How can I find out the reason for this issue? I cannot remember this happened with the previous build, which did run on my server for almost two months without problems.

Unfortunately, the log file only contains the following information (I removed my account number):

1    00:37:02.828    '<account>': datacenter connecting failed [6]

1    00:37:46.042    '<account>': connect failed [No connection]

Did anybody notice the same problem?

How can I find out the reason for this? Interesting thing is that the other terminals (connected to the same server) are still running.

Do you use a tool to monitor/restart the terminal? This would at least be a workaround. But it is quite annoying.

Hope to get some input on this...

Thanks

I would suggest you to write to ServiceDesk, and provide them the logs.

I created a ticket in the service desk.

Anybody else with these symptoms?

This morning it happened with a different terminal (on the same server) connected to a different provider.

This time I observed it very thoroughly and I took the logs and screenshot for the service desk. Here is what happens in detail:

-Status bar shows no connection

-When I click on the "No Connection" icon, I can see that all UK and DE data centers show n/a as ping

-Then I hit Rescan Servers. Now ALL UK and DE data centers come up with a ping (I live in DE)

-Now I click on a server and also try the Login function. It will not connect. Also, the servers I try to connect to now show again n/a!

-I close the terminal and start it again: I immediately get a connection

thaelmann: Anybody else with these symptoms? This morning it happened with a different terminal (on the same server) connected to a different provider.

I can report that I have NOT had this problem with any installations of build 1031 on any of my own VPSs (located in London and New York) or my own local machines (located in Portugal)!

Could the problem be with your service provider (for the VPS) or maybe any of the security measures you may use, such as firewalls, virus checkers, etc?

Fernando Carreiro:

I can report that I have NOT had this problem with any installations of build 1031 on any of my own VPSs (located in London and New York) or my own local machines (located in Portugal)!

Could the problem be with your service provider (for the VPS) or maybe any of the security measures you may use, such as firewalls, virus checkers, etc?

I can't tell at the moment. Weird thing is that after restarting MetaTrader it connects immediately. Using the Login function several times before it does not connect. This is odd to me. Especially as some terminals keep running so not all are disconnected.

What I'm doing now for further analysis (as the service desk also didn't have a reason for this behaviour yet):

- I installed a connection monitor which will send ping commands every second to three different servers (google dns and two other servers).

- If a terminal is disconnected again I can check in the log of the connection monitor if there was a general connection problem or not.

I hope this helps me in identifying the root cause.

Today it happened again to one of my four terminals.

I checked my connection monitor. The connection was stable as a rock through the last 93 hours. Sending ping commands every single second to three different servers. See the attached screenshot.

Still one terminal got disconnected and did not reconnect. Only after restarting the Metatrader terminal.

Files:

thaelmann: Today it happened again to one of my four terminals. I checked my connection monitor. The connection was stable as a rock through the last 93 hours. Sending ping commands every single second to three different servers. See the attached screenshot. Still one terminal got disconnected and did not reconnect. Only after restarting the Metatrader terminal.

1. Are the connections that are failing all from the same broker? If yes, considered that it might be a Broker problem and not a MetaTrader problem?
  2. Why not have the "Connection Monitor", monitor and ping the Broker's Servers instead of just Google and OpenDNS?

Fernando Carreiro:
  1. Are the connections that are failing all from the same broker? If yes, considered that it might be a Broker problem and not a MetaTrader problem?
  2. Why not have the "Connection Monitor", monitor and ping the Broker's Servers instead of just Google and OpenDNS?
1. No, it happened with GKFX as well as with FxPro at different times. I have three clients with FxPro and one with GKFX. In this case, one terminal with FxPro failed, whereas the other ones (two FxPro and one GKFX) kept the connection.
2. It is a good idea. I will check if the servers reply to ping commands (sometimes it is disabled at the server).

thaelmann:
1. No, it happened with GKFX as well as with FxPro at different times. I have three clients with FxPro and one with GKFX. In this case, one terminal with FxPro failed, whereas the other ones (two FxPro and one GKFX) kept the connection.
2. It is a good idea. I will check if the servers reply to ping commands (sometimes it is disabled at the server).
It can also be a routing problem with your ISP! I have had the problem before, not with MetaTrader, but with other services, and it was "hell" to pinpoint and even more difficult to convince the ISP of the problem so that they would fix it!

Fernando Carreiro:
It can also be a routing problem with your ISP! I have had the problem before, not with MetaTrader, but with other services, and it was "hell" to pinpoint and even more difficult to convince the ISP of the problem so that they would fix it!
Most probably something weird like that. If it was a MT4 issue we would be flooded with posts on that subject.

thaelmann:

Since upgrading to MetaTrader 4.00 Build 1031 (17 Dec 2016) I face connectivity issues on my virtual server.

I have 4 clients running on a virtual server (Windows Server 2012 R2).

It now happened two times, that after about a week one of the terminals showed "No connection" in the status bar. I noticed as there were no push messages coming from my trades.

I manually tried to login by using "File->Login to trade account" without success. I tried to use the "Rescan servers" function without success. But, after I restart the terminal, it immediately reconnects.

The other terminals are still running fine (connected even to the same server) and the internet connection is also working.

How can I find out the reason for this issue? I cannot remember this happened with the previous build, which did run on my server for almost two months without problems.

Unfortunately, the log file only contains the following information (I removed my account number):

1    00:37:02.828    '<account>': datacenter connecting failed [6]

1    00:37:46.042    '<account>': connect failed [No connection]

Did anybody notice the same problem?

How can I find out the reason for this? Interesting thing is that the other terminals (connected to the same server) are still running.

Do you use a tool to monitor/restart the terminal? This would at least be a workaround. But it is quite annoying.

Hope to get some input on this...

Thanks

I have the exact MT4 connection issue as you say.

It happens on 2 diffrenet VPS (same provider) with 2 diffrenet brokers so I'm pretty sure its an MT4 issue.

Did you ever get this sorted?

Reason: