So confused over profits of forex....uggghhhh

To add comments, please log in or register
ryanhmw535cse
ryanhmw535cse  
I'm new, so new you could call me ignorant. I'm trying to learn, but the internet is a plethora of information, most of what I don't need. I've created a demo account and I buy at 115.476 and sell at 122.171 (spread is only 3 pips) and it's still showing a loss? What am I not understanding? I thought it was buy low, sell higher as long as you cover the spread?! Please help!
honest_knave
honest_knave  
Post a screenshot of your account history and I'm sure we can explain. In the meantime, I suggest you read up on commissions and swap.
anurag bhargava
anurag bhargava  
A loss in sumthing around 6000 pips,either u r joking or ur broker is playing with u.r u sure this exacyly is the trade face u r talking.
Keith Watford
Keith Watford  
Was it a Buy order or a Sell order?
ryanhmw535cse
ryanhmw535cse  
here is my account history. I'm so confused, I don't understand how sometimes when I buy it shows profit, but when I sell for more than I bought it for, it shows loss. I appreciate any help, thank you!
Files:
honest_knave
honest_knave  
ryanhmw535cse:
here is my account history. I'm so confused, I don't understand how sometimes when I buy it shows profit, but when I sell for more than I bought it for, it shows loss. I appreciate any help, thank you!

That doesn't help, we'll need to see the list of trades. It looks like this:

ryanhmw535cse
ryanhmw535cse  
ok....
Files:
Eleni Anna Branou
Eleni Anna Branou  
I don't see anywhere the: buy at 115.476 and sell at 122.171 you mention above. All your trades have the appropriate profit or loss next to them.
ryanhmw535cse
ryanhmw535cse  
I'm probably more confused than I even realize, ugh...the top two trades is what I was talking about. I bought it and then a while later sold it. Also, can you tell me why sometimes when I buy it shows me at a profit. I truly am confused.
ryanhmw535cse
ryanhmw535cse  

I'm guess, that I truly do not understand the profit/loss of forex...I would love if you could explain it ;) but I don't want to take your time, but if you could just send me in the right direction so I can learn to understand it. I've been all over the internet and I can't seem to find anything. Perhaps my needs are too basic :( 

honest_knave
honest_knave  
ryanhmw535cse:
I'm probably more confused than I even realize, ugh...the top two trades is what I was talking about. I bought it and then a while later sold it. Also, can you tell me why sometimes when I buy it shows me at a profit. I truly am confused.
To add comments, please log in or register