You should write to ServiceDesk.

i closed window tabs to 1 and the icons came back

leigh perks:

i closed window tabs to 1 and the icons came back

Thank you! 

This worked for me. :) 

Samir Nahle:

One more permanent solution, change profile, gone forever :D

wow i was having this issue and starting poking around the internet.

tried plenty of suggestion but this one worked best for me!

thanks man!

Samir Nahle:
File>open folder>delete history folder>restart mt4 .. solved
Yep! That's it! Well done!

Samir Nahle:

One more permanent solution, change profile, gone forever :D

Thank you!  Changing the profile also worked for me!

I had the same problem, turned out the chart properties' offline chart was checked. Unchecked it and voila.

Cheers that seems to work for me :-)

Samir Nahle:
File>open folder>delete history folder>restart mt4 .. solved

Samuel Beer:

For anyone having the same problem, here's a workaround. I figured out that if you log in to a demo account and then switch back to your live account, it connects fine and the buttons work again.

The issue is still pretty annoying, so if anyone figures out WHY this happens, please reply ;) 

Right click on the connection on the bottom right and click rescan server. That should have it sorted

I have a similar type of problem.  My toolbars are also grey but also when I switch from one profile to the next, it loads the new profile but at the bottom below the terminal where it is supposed to show the name of the current open profile, it still displays the previous profile name. Then it gets confusing because when you go and click on the profile tab it shows a tick mark next to the profile with its open templates but it is the wrong profile at the bottom and when you close the currency templates that are displayed they remove them from the wrong profile and you cant edit anything because the toolbars are grayed out.  Another thing I experience is heat.....I dont know if it is cpu problem but my laptop heats up extremely when metatrader is launched and the fan works non stop.
Reason: