Download MetaTrader 5

Discussion of article "How to build and test a Binary Options strategy with the MetaTrader 4 Strategy Tester" - page 2

To add comments, please log in or register
Gihon
Gihon  

Hello Martin,

Is there a way you know one could test a binary option strategy in mql5?

Thanks in advance,

Gihon

l2kardas
l2kardas  

Hi Martin,

I bough recently new indicator and I have tried to test with binary tester and unfortuantely I can't get data for different timeframe then default. I'm trying to use following instruction (picked period = M5 in strategy tester but I need data from other periods as well):

double Trend = iCustom(NULL, Period_M15, Market\\Indicator_name", "", 6,3.0,"", true, 7, 0)  - doesnt work

double Trend = iCustom(NULL, Period_M5, Market\\Indicator_name", "", 6,3.0,"", true, 7, 0)  - works

Coudl you advise on this ?

Please note that using standard EA and the same iCustom call I can get data for all periods.

Regards,

Lukasz

Martin Amiri
Martin Amiri  
Gihon:

Hello Martin,

Is there a way you know one could test a binary option strategy in mql5?

Thanks in advance,

Gihon

Hello Gihon,

unfortunately I do not know a way to test a binary options strategy in mql5.

Ragards,

Martin

Martin Amiri
Martin Amiri  
l2kardas:

Hi Martin,

I bough recently new indicator and I have tried to test with binary tester and unfortuantely I can't get data for different timeframe then default. I'm trying to use following instruction (picked period = M5 in strategy tester but I need data from other periods as well):

double Trend = iCustom(NULL, Period_M15, Market\\Indicator_name", "", 6,3.0,"", true, 7, 0)  - doesnt work

double Trend = iCustom(NULL, Period_M5, Market\\Indicator_name", "", 6,3.0,"", true, 7, 0)  - works

Coudl you advise on this ?

Please note that using standard EA and the same iCustom call I can get data for all periods.

Regards,

Lukasz

Hi Likasz,

did you get any error messages?

If you get the correct values in any mql4-code you should also get them by using an indicator for Binary-Option-Strategy-Tester - it is only an indicator to bring up the values to the tester.

Which indicator did you use? Is there a free version of the indicator?

I will contact you via PM.

Regards,

Martin

To add comments, please log in or register