Discussion of article "How to build and test a Binary Options strategy with the MetaTrader 4 Strategy Tester" - page 2

Hello Martin,

Is there a way you know one could test a binary option strategy in mql5?

Thanks in advance,

Gihon

Hi Martin,

I bough recently new indicator and I have tried to test with binary tester and unfortuantely I can't get data for different timeframe then default. I'm trying to use following instruction (picked period = M5 in strategy tester but I need data from other periods as well):

double Trend = iCustom(NULL, Period_M15, Market\\Indicator_name", "", 6,3.0,"", true, 7, 0)  - doesnt work

double Trend = iCustom(NULL, Period_M5, Market\\Indicator_name", "", 6,3.0,"", true, 7, 0)  - works

Coudl you advise on this ?

Please note that using standard EA and the same iCustom call I can get data for all periods.

Regards,

Lukasz

Gihon:

Hello Martin,

Is there a way you know one could test a binary option strategy in mql5?

Thanks in advance,

Gihon

Hello Gihon,

unfortunately I do not know a way to test a binary options strategy in mql5.

Ragards,

Martin

l2kardas:

Hi Martin,

I bough recently new indicator and I have tried to test with binary tester and unfortuantely I can't get data for different timeframe then default. I'm trying to use following instruction (picked period = M5 in strategy tester but I need data from other periods as well):

double Trend = iCustom(NULL, Period_M15, Market\\Indicator_name", "", 6,3.0,"", true, 7, 0)  - doesnt work

double Trend = iCustom(NULL, Period_M5, Market\\Indicator_name", "", 6,3.0,"", true, 7, 0)  - works

Coudl you advise on this ?

Please note that using standard EA and the same iCustom call I can get data for all periods.

Regards,

Lukasz

Hi Likasz,

did you get any error messages?

If you get the correct values in any mql4-code you should also get them by using an indicator for Binary-Option-Strategy-Tester - it is only an indicator to bring up the values to the tester.

Which indicator did you use? Is there a free version of the indicator?

I will contact you via PM.

Regards,

Martin

Hello Martin,

Thank you for this great software to test binary strategy's.

Question:

I use for my strategy an ex4 file because it was already developed and there is mo mq4 file.

This indicator generate only an up and down arrow.

There are only 2 indexbuffers one for buy (indexbuffer 0) and one for sell (indexbuffer 1) these are in the color tab from the indicator.

Is it possible when one arrow appears that your tester wait for a the start of a new 60 sec candle and then analyse the result from that trade?

I use your latest indicator.

I attached the file also.

Is it possible to send the indicator on an different way to you?

I'm  very sorry for my english and i'm not a very smart coder also :)

Hope that you can help me further with it.

Best regards,

Leo

Hi there Martin, please advise if you charge to create an EA based on my specified indicators and rules for trading as I need to create a binary options EA to use on MT4. Thanks.

Hello, martin, I made the signature of your product, after several hours I still could not implement in my indicator the functions of your library that you describe in this tutorial, I have the source code of indicator,

that has 2 buffers and draws buy and sell arrow, if you can put your functions in it thank you,

if you can help me and put the functions in it for me to observe the correct way of doing, I sent the file mq4 via mp.

Comments that do not relate to this topic, have been moved to "Off Topic Posts".

VolrvoI wanted to ask you if it was possible to be able to open transactions based on the payout, since for binary options it can fluctuate a lot it would be very useful, thanks a lot

please i want the ex4 file,,mq4 cant to e compiled

Reason: