Indicators: Harmonic Pattern Finder V2 - page 7

danizani95:

What movement from point D do you consider a reversal ? Do you consider a specific ratio to reach ?

As said, a reversal is signaled by the ZigZag when it changes direction. This is/was the easiest to code, perhaps not ultimately deciding a reversal but more of a minimal condition. After all, if the ZigZag does not reverse the movement is not significant either.

Andre Enger:

As said, a reversal is signaled by the ZigZag when it changes direction. This is/was the easiest to code, perhaps not ultimately deciding a reversal but more of a minimal condition. After all, if the ZigZag does not reverse the movement is not significant either.

Ok thank you for all the clarifications. You are a good coder :)

danizani95:

Ok thank you for all the clarifications. You are a good coder :)

You're welcome, should there be other things you need to have clarified its just to ask.

Andre Enger:
You're welcome, should there be other things you need to have clarified its just to ask.

Do you consider the time in the harmonic pattern analysis ? If yes, how ? I'm trying to add the fibo timezones on my chart to see if there are some improvements...

danizani95:

Do you consider the time in the harmonic pattern analysis ? If yes, how ? I'm trying to add the fibo timezones on my chart to see if there are some improvements...

Yes I always consider the time and don't trade a pattern if it is too early and remain skeptical when its too late.

For the 5-point patterns of Scott Carney except 5-0 I use his rules with measuring the duration from X to B and set 0.382 as "too early", 1.0 as "ideal", and 1.618 as "too late". The same numbers are used on (Rec.) AB=CDs but the reference duration is from A to B and the measured duration is from C to D. I don't know on the 1.27 AB=CD alternates, if 1.0 should still be ideal or 1.27 is more appropriate.

On the Navarro 200 the ideal duration from B to D is 2 times the reference duration however. Also I don't think the Cypher, Nen-star or Black Swan follows the same rules, especially the Black Swan frequently have B-D being much shorter than X-B. A thing I've noticed but not completely investigated is that the slopes might be important too. At least it seems to me as the best Crabs and Butterflies are when the CD slope is near equal to the AB slope.

Andre Enger:

Yes I always consider the time and don't trade a pattern if it is too early and remain skeptical when its too late.

For the 5-point patterns of Scott Carney except 5-0 I use his rules with measuring the duration from X to B and set 0.382 as "too early", 1.0 as "ideal", and 1.618 as "too late". The same numbers are used on (Rec.) AB=CDs but the reference duration is from A to B and the measured duration is from C to D. I don't know on the 1.27 AB=CD alternates, if 1.0 should still be ideal or 1.27 is more appropriate.

On the Navarro 200 the ideal duration from B to D is 2 times the reference duration however. Also I don't think the Cypher, Nen-star or Black Swan follows the same rules, especially the Black Swan frequently have B-D being much shorter than X-B. A thing I've noticed but not completely investigated is that the slopes might be important too. At least it seems to me as the best Crabs and Butterflies are when the CD slope is near equal to the AB slope.

So for the Navarro the BD duration should be double than XB ? I'm noticing that for the swan when XD is 1.618 of XB there is a good reversal

danizani95:

So for the Navarro the BD duration should be double than XB ? I'm noticing that for the swan when XD is 1.618 of XB there is a good reversal

I've actually always thought so, but may be wrong and it should be approximately equal. Do think I saw a forum image of it once depicting a 2 times as large BD, but could only find this one searching now.

(from https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/182196/page14 )

Harmonic & Time
Harmonic & Time
  • www.mql5.com
i have been doing my research in harmonic patterns, i found out, that every "M" and "W" patterns like bat, crab, etc are all successful, it only de...

Andre Enger:

I've actually always thought so, but may be wrong and it should be approximately equal. Do think I saw a forum image of it once depicting a 2 times as large BD, but could only find this one searching now.

(from https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/182196/page14 )

Yes I've read it too  but I'd prefer to read something in particular on a book.. Can you advise me a good one ?

danizani95:
Yes I've read it too  but I'd prefer to read something in particular on a book.. Can you advise me a good one ?

I don't know about any books dealing with the time aspects of harmonic patterns no.

Andre Enger:

I don't know about any books dealing with the time aspects of harmonic patterns no.

ok no problem.. what do you think about implement in your indicator a "time filter'" that can be turned on or off from the settings ? Not for all the patterns but maybe only for the Scott Carney's 5 points and ABCD patterns.. For  example the rules : XD must be double than XB
and AB must be equal to CD. I think that this filter could make the difference 
Reason: