Indicators: Harmonic Pattern Finder V2 - page 9

i did all step by step. But i got these error messages in expert. please help me.
Files:

PhyoMinTun:
i did all step by step. But i got these error messages in expert. please help me.

See the first page of this forum thread for a detailed solution. You have the wrong folder structure, the indicators must be in "Downloads", but just changing the folder name from "My Indicators" to "Downloads" might make it work.

This is how the files should be placed.

MQL5/
|--Include/
   |--alexstal_outsidebar
|--Indicators/
   |--Downloads/
      |--fastzz
      |--swingchart
      |--alexstal_zigzagprof
      |--HarmonicPatternFinderV2

This is so because the HarmonicPatternFinderV2 makes use of the ZigZag indicator to extract tops and bottoms, and it expects the ZigZag indicators to be located in the "Downloads" folder. In principle, the HarmonicPatternFinderV2 can be placed anywhere though, it is only important that the ZigZags are findable.

Andre Enger:

See the first page of this forum thread for a detailed solution. You have the wrong folder structure, the indicators must be in "Downloads", but just changing the folder name from "My Indicators" to "Downloads" might make it work.

This is how the files should be placed.

MQL5/
|--Include/
   |--alexstal_outsidebar
|--Indicators/
   |--Downloads/
      |--fastzz
      |--swingchart
      |--alexstal_zigzagprof
      |--HarmonicPatternFinderV2

This is so because the HarmonicPatternFinderV2 makes use of the ZigZag indicator to extract tops and bottoms, and it expects the ZigZag indicators to be located in the "Downloads" folder. In principle, the HarmonicPatternFinderV2 can be placed anywhere though, it is only important that the ZigZags are findable.

Thanks for your regarding.

brother i want this for mql4 if you can change the code and make it possible to run this great indicator for mql4 i will be thankfull to you

Muhammad-Ali:

brother i want this for mql4 if you can change the code and make it possible to run this great indicator for mql4 i will be thankfull to you

Hi,

I won't rewrite the indicator in mql4, as I only use MT5 myself. There are already existent harmonic pattern finding indicators for MT4 though, like the ZUP which can be gounf online.

Regards

could somebody send me example of use iCustom of harmonicpatternfindeerv2?

Andre Enger:

Hi,

I won't rewrite the indicator in mql4, as I only use MT5 myself. There are already existent harmonic pattern finding indicators for MT4 though, like the ZUP which can be gounf online.

Regards

Hi,

Just downloaded your indicator but whenever I try to attach that on chart it gives a error of cannot obtain a indicator.I guess your indicator needs to be updated or its bugged.I have tried all the possible ways its not like I have followed any step wrong...kindly take a look into brother and pls update.Thank you very much

bk1999:

Hi,

Just downloaded your indicator but whenever I try to attach that on chart it gives a error of cannot obtain a indicator.I guess your indicator needs to be updated or its bugged.I have tried all the possible ways its not like I have followed any step wrong...kindly take a look into brother and pls update.Thank you very much

Most likely you have, keep in mind that the ZigZags must be compiled in addition to being placed in the correct folders.

You are not the only one who have had this issue though, and the common cause is language adaptations on your mt5 terminal. So the word "Downloads" can be translated into your local language resulting in a different folder structure on your system. Meanwhile the file paths "Downloads\\zigzag-name" is hardcoded into the indicator at about line 300. Therefore you must either change this or create the folder structure as discussed previously in this thread.

Its not like I can do anything about it because changing it one way destroys it for the others and vice versa. So out of the box I would only expect it to work on the English language version of MT5. The fix is valid though as others have managed to get it working by following the advice.

What currency pairs and timeframe are recommended?

I can't tell you how much I appreciate this, and I also love that you've taken the creators measurements and not somebody else,awesome job, thanks a lot!

Some questions regarding a next version..

Would it be easy for you to make so that a projection only shows up when the move has reached 50% to the d-completion point? The reason for this is to not have the screen cluttered with projections, even tough I only go with the Scott Carney patterns. .

And secondly, would it require loads of extra work to, i.e at the shark-pattern to make the software favor points where the completion point is where the A-B and X-0 projection meets up instead of just starting at .886 and just follow the price all the way up to 1.13?

Reason: