Metatrader 988 stop working correclty after widnows 10 updates

I've searched everywhere for an explanation for that, last week my windows 10 had an update, and the next day all my metatraders 4( version 988) had problems. I can't add custom indicators, or test any expert advisor.

It was everyting perfect since my windows updated

I'm running Windows 10 Home 32 bits version 1607.

I've talked with my broker and they didn't give me a solution for that, I really don't know what to do.

Look here: "I managed to diagnose the problem - it's definitely fault of the Anniversary Update - from build 1511 to 1607. I rolled back the whole update from scratch using iso install image of 1511 Win10 Home version and now EAs in MT4 work as they should be - they are again attachable to charts. My EAs don't require activations. So the problem may potentially grow bigger as more and more MT4 users will receive this update. I think it is definitely something to look at by MT4 developer team."
"

Here is an explanation from the Russian forum:

Unfortunately, the upgrade to Windows 10 build 1511 to 1607 was carried out in the form of upgrading OSes scheme updating Windows 7/8 on Windows 10. It can be seen from a hidden directory Windows.Old and Windows. ~ BT with gigabytes of data from the old copy OSes.

That is, it is not a simple update but a complete re-installation of OSes that radically changes the unique profile and leads to loss of activations and stored passwords.

To compensate for the loss of activation, we will credit 1 additional activation to all customers regardless of operating systems in the next two days, who activated the purchased products at least once.

Demo products also lose the activation and you just need to re-download from the Market.

So I guess the Service Desk should already know it.

But may be, maayyy beee, one starts thinking about a native Linux version?

Win 7 was released 2009, Win 8: 2012 Win 10: 1015. So in two years (2018?) we can expect to play the same game again?

yes exactly I need that linux on my computer now! The worst part of that is that there isn't an option for skipe that update. You only can shoutdwon an update or restar and update.

Thanks for all. 

albiru:

I've searched everywhere for an explanation for that, last week my windows 10 had an update, and the next day all my metatraders 4( version 988) had problems. I can't add custom indicators, or test any expert advisor.
It was everyting perfect since my windows updated. I'm running Windows 10 Home 32 bits version 1607. I've talked with my broker and they didn't give me a solution for that, I really don't know what to do.

Seems like the most recent Build 1010 to be released on Thursday, August 18, 2016, will be fixing fix the issue, and I quote:

1. Terminal: Fixed an error which prevented execution of MQL4 applications in terminals running in 32-bit Windows 10, build 1607.

Reason: