Asking about Time Period in Strategy Tester

Dear forum

I am new in this forum.

I code an AE base on these rules : 

*** Trade in H1 period using 2 CCI Crossing ( Short CCI & Long CCI )

1/ Long trend for D1 Period : using Stochatic Indicator for D1 Periold.

- When Main Line cross up the Signal Line : BUY Status active : just open Buy and Close Buy are allowed, no SELL

- When Main Line cross down the Signal Line : SELL Status active : just open SELL and Close Sell are allowed, no BUY 

2/ Short trend for trading in H1 Period : using CCI Indicator for H1 Period  

- When the short CCI cross up Long CCI : Open Buy / Close Sell

- When the short CCI cross down Long CCI : Open Sell / Close Buy

*** When backtest EA for good parameters, the results is differents when I set the time Periods H1 or Daily ( D1 )

Which one is correct for my EA ( Trading in H1 and depend on D1 for Long Trend ) 

Thank you.

Best regards. 

Different time periods do behave differently and one has to choose the one that is the best for one's trading strategy!

I would suggest you to google for educating sites about this topic as is it very important and too comprehensive for a short advise.

@gooly : You mis-understand me.

I dont want advise for trading stratetry. I just want to ask about setting time PERIOD for OPT for best parameters.  

My EA has trading rules count on H1 and D1 Time, so when I want to find best parameters for H1 indicator, I have to set time to H1 in Tester Back Test ?

if you look at iCC(..) you find that you have to enter the timeframe:

iCCI(_Symbol,_Period,12,PRICE_TYPICAL,0)

This way you can get the cci of a different (but available) timeframe.

DNMT4: My EA has trading rules count on H1 and D1 Time, so when I want to find best parameters for H1 indicator, I have to set time to H1 in Tester Back Test ?

If you use _Period, or PERIOD_CURRENT, or 0 in the code, the tester TF is what you get.

If you hard code it to look at PERIOD_H1 or PERIOD_D1 that is what you get and the chart TF is irrelevant except you must adjust time to proper shift using iBarShift. apples and oranges

Reason: