Error: chart41.chr not found

Hi,

it happens on many products (equity indexes, commodities, currencies..). Click on Chart Window to get the chart and the error message about chart41.chr is retrieved:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MT4 at easy-forex\profiles\Market Overview\chart41.chr was not found

Is there anyone that could help me please?

I had a look in the folders as per error message indication, and the chart*.chr numeration starts from 01 and goes up to 14. So probably there are many files missing, I guess.

Thank you very much.

d. 

deborah_123:

Hi,

it happens on many products (equity indexes, commodities, currencies..). Click on Chart Window to get the chart and the error message about chart41.chr is retrieved:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MT4 at easy-forex\profiles\Market Overview\chart41.chr was not found

Is there anyone that could help me please?

I had a look in the folders as per error message indication, and the chart*.chr numeration starts from 01 and goes up to 14. So probably there are many files missing, I guess.

Thank you very much.

d. 

Some brokers use futures for some instruments and will remove the chart on the expiry date. They then add a new chart with a slightly different symbol.

Check in market watch and see if it has been renamed 

Unless you're opening the terminal using portable mode, it shouldn't be looking there at all. Data Structure in MetaTrader 4 Build 600 and Higher - MQL4 Articles
I suggest you save any personal code, uninstall and reinstall from your broker's site.

I have unistalled and re-installed many times but the problem still exists...

I do not know what i could do now to get all charts.. 

What are you doing and expecting and what happens?

Hi,

I log in the application.

On the left side the list of Symbol. 
I click on any, select the option Chart Window.

I expect the new chart to be retrieved.
But it isn't.

Instead I have window message: C:\Program Files(x86)\MT4 at easy-forex\profiles\Market Overview\chart35.chr was not found.

Thankx.

Deborah 

I think you have to re-install the mt4  -  but NOT in C:\Program Files(x86)!! (as WHRoeder said)

The problem might be caused by Windows user right administration. You as normal user don't have the right to write any file in this folder C:\Program Files(x86)!

You can test it if you start the mt4 as admin - but don't let it become a habit.

Hi Gooly,

thank you for your suggestion.

It is working right now !!!!!!

Reason: