Font Too Small When Installing Windows 7 on Mac using Parallels 9

Hello, this is my first post.

Does anyone have experience in using MT4 using Parallels software? I've successfully installed MT4 on my Mac, and the MT4 runs without any problem. However, the number displayed on the grid as well as the font menu is displayed too tiny that it's unable for me to read them.

I'll attach the screenshot so that you guys know what I'm talking about. As you can see, Market Watch, Navigator, and numbers on the grid, are too small it's like impossible to read.

Win 7 MT4 Font Too Small

Specs:

13' MacBook Pro Retina

Mac OS X Marvericks 10.9.5

Resolution for Windows is set 2560 x 1600. And this seems to be set automatically by Parallels software.

Hope someone knows how to fix this...

Thanks!

santen763:

Hello, this is my first post.

Does anyone have experience in using MT4 using Parallels software? I've successfully installed MT4 on my Mac, and the MT4 runs without any problem. However, the number displayed on the grid as well as the font menu is displayed too tiny that it's unable for me to read them.

I'll attach the screenshot so that you guys know what I'm talking about. As you can see, Market Watch, Navigator, and numbers on the grid, are too small it's like impossible to read.

Specs:

13' MacBook Pro Retina

Mac OS X Marvericks 10.9.5

Resolution for Windows is set 2560 x 1600. And this seems to be set automatically by Parallels software.

Hope someone knows how to fix this...

Thanks!

Hello,

Did you figure out the problem? I am in same situation.

Thanks & Regards.

The excessively small fonts on large screen resolutions is common issue with MT4

I don't have a mac, but I imagine you should be able to reduce the resolution somewhere in the settings if you have a look around. 

Additionally, Windows has an option to increase text size through Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Display (Windows 7). There is a similar option in Windows 8.

I'm having the same problem as well, it only seems to apply to Metatrader 4, every other windows program runs ok..no issues, so changing the global font settings isnt going to help.

I know from colleagues that Metatrader 4 normally runs fine in Windows 8 so im wondering what the issue could be?

Anyone? 

Did you end up fixing this? I am planning on using a Macbook Retina for my trading too. I think maybe updating to Windows 8/10 would resolve this issue?

Can you please take a screenshot of your screen with a candle chart? I would love to see how much of the chart you can see at high resolution.

Thanks 

I have no idea how Parallels works (I know what it is, that is all), but if you can access regedit then you should try a manifest file as described here (this fix has been reported elsewhere as working with MT4).

I had the same problem and I solved it with help of this forum, so thank you guys: 

Steps:

1. Enlarged screen from the panel (see picture attached) to 125% then restarted my computer. it was too big now.

2. Back to 100% and restarted my computer and now it's amazing!!!

I don't know why when it was originally to 100% it didn't show properly and i had to go back and forth with this settings but it worked and I'm super happy now. It's Windows 7 on Catalina with Parallels with Coherence setting using secondary monitor 1920x1080 Samsung. 

Reason: