How to send EA with security (PW etc)?

HI, 

When I send my EA to my friend, I want to set up password to he can only use the execution file not to see my coding. Do you know what to set up for this?

Best, 

My Green

mygreensun:

HI, 

When I send my EA to my friend, I want to set up password to he can only use the execution file not to see my coding. Do you know what to set up for this?

Best, 

My Green

i dont think a simple password will protect it, what if your friend passes it along to others including the password you gave…then everyone who has the password and the EA can use it..not good enough and you need something better than that.

if you send only ex4 - ex5 file your friend can't see your coding....source code needed to see that

mygreensun:

HI, 

Best, 

My Green

Don't know if your expert adviser intend to run on MT4 or MT5 but i have some good not to complicated examples how to protect it by unauthorized use for mt4

check it out in the mt4 codebase https://www.mql5.com/en/code/27428

Cheers

Expert adviser licence protection template
Expert adviser licence protection template
  • www.mql5.com
You may want to protect your expert adviser project from unauthorized usage if shared by any reason. This guide 'template' will guide you 'how to' use three different types of licensing and of course all three can be disabled/enabled. I've seen a lot of community members struggling with this and how to do it and what to use....and remember this...

SweetLindsey:

i dont think a simple password will protect it, what if your friend passes it along to others including the password you gave…then everyone who has the password and the EA can use it..not good enough and you need something better than that.

if you send only ex4 - ex5 file your friend can't see your coding....source code needed to see that

Thank you. But when I save my EA file (ex4 only), the file extension is saved with automatically mq4 name. Though I changed the file name with .ex4, when I open it in MetaEditor, still I can see the coding source. Do you know how to save ex4?

Best, 

My Green

Reason: