Build 628: Fixes for Compatibility with Symantec Antivirus - page 2

qjol:

If you are important enough to your broker

ask him to stop pushing updates until problems solved

In my opinion this is not a problem of my broker, this is rather a problem of Metaquotes. Why do they distribute new builds which aren't tested on all platform? This should be one of the major steps before any public release. But thanks for your idea to ask my broker to stop pushing updates, I thought they are pushed by Metaquotes and not by my broker.

My PC crashed last week, after I ran MT4 plateforme and MetaEditor only on it. The hard disk lights would'nt stop lighting, and it burned. Lost everything I had, pictures, music, and all MQL4 code + my laptop. Technician sayd it would cost me the same amount to repair that I payd the notebook.

What i found really strange is that it is a 2 years old laptop, and problem start only since the new version of MT4 platform.

I would love to have money to have a technician inquiry about what hapenned on this laptop and what cause this fatal crash. Does anybody had samekind of problem since last new builds ?

Gachette:

My PC crashed last week, after I ran MT4 plateforme and MetaEditor only on it. The hard disk lights would'nt stop lighting, and it burned. Lost everything I had, pictures, music, and all MQL4 code + my laptop. Technician sayd it would cost me the same amount to repair that I payd the notebook.

What i found really strange is that it is a 2 years old laptop, and problem start only since the new version of MT4 platform.

I would love to have money to have a technician inquiry about what hapenned on this laptop and what cause this fatal crash. Does anybody had samekind of problem since last new builds ?

Hard disk failure is the most common breakdown on any PC. Such reparation don't cost the price of a notebook. Maximum reasonable price is around 150$.

Gachette:

In these kind of world, really small problem would be big if they can extract money from the customer who have zero knowledge about pc hardwares.

Gachette:

Maybe the new MT4 just helped a failing hard drive fail that little bit sooner . . . good job you have backups of your important data and files. My hard drive started failing on my Laptop after 18 months . . . I replaced it and cloned it from the failing drive . . . didn't even lose the OS so didn't have to re-install.

From my observation, hdd actually has a very long service period, if, there is no dust or a very good ventilation and air filter. Dust (mostly) always the culprit for failing systems.

Gachette:

does this include data recovery? that may cost very much depending on the situation.

Lines_ss:
Build 628 still crashes on MAC 10.9.2 under Wine 1.7.15. No improvement from 625 to 628. All previous versions since B509 up to 619 were working well. To be honest, i really get pissed about this situation. I have to make money and all this update problematic cost me a lot of time which I could spent better. Some of my MT4s get updated automatically and I can't avoid it. I means all along I have to reinstall one of my backups. This is really makes me sick. I already opened a bug report direct after release of 625. But no response or anything up to now.

Why not run Vmware Fusion? It would solve all your Wine problems.

deysmacro:
From my observation, hdd actually has a very long service period, if, there is no dust or a very good ventilation and air filter. Dust (mostly) always the culprit for failing systems.
Another reason for HD failure is when you get mad because your gf is b******g at you and you slam the lid down on your laptop. That can be the last time a 500GB hardrive ever works. I have one just like that in my desk drawer :(

SDC:
Another reason for HD failure is when you get mad because your gf is b******g at you and you slam the lid down on your laptop. That can be the last time a 500GB hardrive ever works. I have one just like that in my desk drawer :(

LOL. So true. Life is a mess. XD
Reason: