Creating files outside the terminal path.

Hi there

I'm doing mass testing with resulting massive size files.

I have a small pc hard disk.

I'm desperately trying to handle these files on my external terabyte hardrive, but I can't find no way to specify in MQL5 a path outside the terminal.

Is there any way to do this?

claudio:

Hi there

I'm doing mass testing with resulting massive size files.

I have a small pc hard disk.

I'm desperately trying to handle these files on my external terabyte hardrive, but I can't find no way to specify in MQL5 a path outside the terminal.

Is there any way to do this?

From MQL5 reference:

File Functions

This is a group of functions for working with files.

For security reasons, work with files is strictly controlled in the MQL5 language. Files with which file operations are conducted using MQL5 means, cannot be outside the file sandbox.

There are two directories (with subdirectories) in which working files can be located:

• terminal_path\MQL5\FILES\ (in the terminal menu select to view "File" - "Open the data directory");
  • the common folder for all the terminals installed on a computer - usually located in the directory C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MetaQuotes\Terminal\Common\. 

That's exactly the answer I didn't want to have. Sighh

I did read that line but I was just hoping in some miracle or some type of  shortcut.

Looks like Metaquote wants me to buy a new Computer with larger Hard Drive.

Thanks anyway Enigma !

claudio:

That's exactly the answer I didn't want to have. Sighh

I did read that line but I was just hoping in some miracle or some type of  shortcut.

Looks like Metaquote wants me to buy a new Computer with larger Hard Drive.

Thanks anyway Enigma !

maybe i miss something but why not installing the whole MT5 system on that external drive ? That way everything should be fine.

mmm... that's a good one Razoff

It's not really recommended to install programs outside the main partition, even less in an external harddrive.

I was so used at this that your idea didn’t even touch my mind.

But given my issue maybe is worthy to give it a try.

Cheers

How do you usually getting access to your external drive? Is it network drive or USD drive?

It's just an external USB hardrive plugged on my laptop.

Anyway I've done it and it seems working fine.

Not really happy about having a software installed in an external drive, but at least I solved my problem.

Reason: