My new Universal EA, come check it out. - page 2

Such a lazy programmer typing 0 instead of NULL or _ Symbol for new MQL++)))

evillive:
Such a lazy programmer typing 0 instead of NULL or _ Symbol for new MQL++)))

Doesn't 0 work the same as NULL?

No, in new builds it would get an error "Tester: 0 symbol not found"

I could not find all points where 0 was used instead of Symbol() and auto-replacement by Ctrl+H doesn't work for so short strings like "(0,"

p.s.: finally found all those places.

evillive:

Ok I understand. What do you mean by new builds?

pacofflin:

Ok I understand. What do you mean by new builds?

Newer than b509. Are you aware of that MT4 was updated to b610 so far? New MQL4 features etc.

evillive:

Newer than b509. Are you aware of that MT4 was updated to b610 so far? New MQL4 features etc.

I didn't know, thanks for the info. I'm using build 500. Time to update.

evillive:

I could not find all points where 0 was used instead of Symbol() and auto-replacement by Ctrl+H doesn't work for so short strings like "(0,"

p.s.: finally found all those places.

What do you think about the code overall?

It can't be universal with so much indicators. BTW it ends with a stop-out for all symbols I tested with default settings, I did not tried to optimise, too much parameters.

evillive:
It can't be universal with so much indicators. BTW it ends with a stop-out for all symbols I tested with default settings, I did not tried to optimise, too much parameters.

Yes the default parameters are just place holders, the strength of the EA is that all of the inputs can be adjusted. If you put any indicator to false it isn't used in the buy signal. So you can use as many or as few of the indicators as you like. If you play around with the numbers just a bit I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the results.

So EA go only longs even if it is against trend (do not count hedging, it's only optional)... Do you have settings for at least one good test?

Reason: