Congratulations

MT4 is officially unusable.

After working all weekend to update my EAs to be compatible with the new build. I reboot terminal.exe and lose chart settings. EAs aren't loading correctly, and several EURUSD H1 charts were opened for no apparent reason.

If B600+ was intended to push people to MT5, it is more likely to push them to other platforms. The update has been a catastrophe.

kenleyl:

After working all weekend to update my EAs to be compatible with the new build. I reboot terminal.exe and lose chart settings. EAs aren't loading correctly, and several EURUSD H1 charts were opened for no apparent reason.

If B600+ was intended to push people to MT5, it is more likely to push them to other platforms. The update has been a catastrophe.

Are you using .dll with-in your EAs?

kenleyl:

Well, I have received migration hints from a few brokers, that were disappointing. While I recommend to remove all the mq4 files temporarily, the brokers advice users quite the other way round - to recompile them all with the new version. How silly. They cooperate on the catastrophe.

Yes, today any EA that loaded a DLL forcibly unloaded from their respective chart.

When it comes to money, I'll take stability over new features any day.

Ovo, due to changes with the new build. I was forced to recompile EAs just to get them to work again. E.g. Switch from 'A' to unicode 'W' etc.

kenleyl:
Ovo, due to changes with the new build. I was forced to recompile EAs just to get them to work again. E.g. Switch from 'A' to unicode 'W' etc.
So the legacy ex4 with DLL calls do not work any longer? It is weird as for me they continue working well, unless some other issue (e.g. directory structure change) is involved.

Ovo:

Well, I have received migration hints from a few brokers, that were disappointing. While I recommend to remove all the mq4 files temporarily, the brokers advice users quite the other way round - to recompile them all with the new version. How silly. They cooperate on the catastrophe.

What a pity. It's the worst possible advice.

kenleyl:

When it comes to money, I'll take stability over new features any day.

not only you, any serious business

angevoyageur:
What a pity. It's the worst possible advice.

angevoyageur: just a question if you e.g. have news trades that gets is news over the internet - will that EA still work in its originally compiled version but running on b600?

ubzen:
Are you using .dll with-in your EAs?

any EA that load a DLL, abruptly unloaded from its chart.

gooly:

angevoyageur: just a question if you e.g. have news trades that gets is news over the internet - will that EA still work in its originally compiled version but running on b600?

I can't answer for sure, but .ex4 compiled with old build 509, works in almost all the case with build 6xx. Of course there are certainly exception.

The best thing to do is to try this 509.ex4 and recompile only as a last solution, mainly for non-programmers.