Need Help for .ex4 file.

Hello All,

Hope you guys are fine. I have been facing problem with .ex4 files, more specifically indicators. I have got few indicators in a popular Forex forum. They are in .ex4 format. If I install them and trade manually then my chart freezes frequently. So it has become impossible to follow them accurately in time. So I have been thinking to make an EA combining them thus it reacts promptly when my requirements match. To do so, I have to know when or how these indicators changes their color thus I can assemble them but I am unable to read those .ex4 files!

As those indicators were given Freely in a public forum by the owner, so I think there is no 'Copyright' problem, moreover I am not tempering anything. I just need to know upon which conditions they changes their color. Or if there is any way to use .ex4 files to make the EA it'll also be fine. I just need to make that EA.

Any Help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Arav:

Hello All,

Hope you guys are fine. I have been facing problem with .ex4 files, more specifically indicators. I have got few indicators in a popular Forex forum. They are in .ex4 format. If I install them and trade manually then my chart freezes frequently. So it has become impossible to follow them accurately in time. So I have been thinking to make an EA combining them thus it reacts promptly when my requirements match. To do so, I have to know when or how these indicators changes their color thus I can assemble them but I am unable to read those .ex4 files!

As those indicators were given Freely in a public forum by the owner, so I think there is no 'Copyright' problem, moreover I am not tempering anything. I just need to know upon which conditions they changes their color. Or if there is any way to use .ex4 files to make the EA it'll also be fine. I just need to make that EA.

Go back to the Forum where you got the Indicators and speak to the "owner" of the Indicators . . . he/she coded the Indicators so will know how they work.

RaptorUK:
Go back to the Forum where you got the Indicators and speak to the "owner" of the Indicators . . . he/she coded the Indicators so will know how they work.

Unfortunately He left that Thread long ago and doesn't respond anymore :(

Arav:

Unfortunately He left that Thread long ago and doesn't respond anymore :(
Your best option is to look at the Indicators buffers by putting the Indicators on a chart and using the data window (Ctrl + D) when you know what buffers you are interested in you can access then using iCustom() from your EA.

It'd be great if you could give me an example with Image. [If you have the time]

I could figure out till Ctrl+D and the Data window pops up but what next?

Thanks

Arav:

It'd be great if you could give me an example with Image. [If you have the time]

I could figure out till Ctrl+D and the Data window pops up but what next?

Thanks

Move your mouse from bar to bar and what you will see are the values of the Indicator buffers for each bar in turn, the top most value is buffer 0, then 1, 2, etc, find the buffer(s) you are interested in, the buffer(s) that tell you what you need to know . . . then you can use iCustom() to get those buffer values from within your EA. Isn't that simple and clear ? perhaps you don't know what an Indicator buffer is ? Indicator Buffer

Thanks for the link. I'll go through it and will be back soon. :)

RaptorUK:
Move your mouse from bar to bar and what you will see are the values of the Indicator buffers for each bar in turn, the top most value is buffer 0, then 1, 2, etc, find the buffer(s) you are interested in, the buffer(s) that tell you what you need to know . . . then you can use iCustom() to get those buffer values from within your EA. Isn't that simple and clear ? perhaps you don't know what an Indicator buffer is ? Indicator Buffer

Hello,

I gone through the 'Buffer Lesson'. Now I have some idea about it. How bars are numbered by Buffer Array. But I couldn't find how to use the iCustom() to identify the indicator's function yet. I have started reading 'Andrew r Young's' 'Expert Advisor Programming' book. I hope by the end of it, I'll have more clear concept. For now I just have C & C++ knowledge.

BTW, here is the indicator I want to use. My main objective is when the color changes, EA will open trade automatically. I have to connect money management with it too. Can I complete the EA without knowing the source code of the indicator but calling it otherwise within the EA's function?

Thanks

Files:

Arav:

Hello,

I gone through the 'Buffer Lesson'. Now I have some idea about it. How bars are numbered by Buffer Array. But I couldn't find how to use the iCustom() to identify the indicator's function yet. I have started reading 'Andrew r Young's' 'Expert Advisor Programming' book. I hope by the end of it, I'll have more clear concept. For now I just have C & C++ knowledge.

There are many threads on this forum about using iCustom(), for example: Detailed explanation of iCustom - MQL4 forum

After opening the Data window by Ctrl+D, I am seeing the indicator window where Three Value (Y,G,R) are changing upon moving the cursor on bars. Now How can I figure out upon which condition(s) this value is changing from one bar to another and remaining the same for a while unless the next changing bar is occurring?

Arav:
After opening the Data window by Ctrl+D, I am seeing the indicator window where Three Value (Y,G,R) are changing upon moving the cursor on bars. Now How can I figure out upon which condition(s) this value is changing from one bar to another and remaining the same for a while unless the next changing bar is occurring?
If you want to reverse engineer the Indicator then you need to figure it out . . .
Reason: