MetaTrader 4 Build 574 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - page 13

gchrmt4:

There are still some huge bugs such as: old EAs (i.e. ex4 compiled with metalang <= 509) are not reloaded following a change of properties.
Have you written into servicedesk about this issue?

alexvd:

Ticket #937128. I also very strongly suggest that #933683 and #927090 are fixed. It is now a long time since I have had any response from the Service Desk to any of my open tickets.

gchrmt4:

It's hard to believe that a release - at least, an intentional release - is so imminent. There are still some huge bugs such as: old EAs (i.e. ex4 compiled with metalang <= 509) are not reloaded following a change of properties.
Look at the top of the page, the official release date is 3rd Feb, which is just over a week away. I agree though, it's not ready and much remains to be clarified . . .

alexvd:

I have written to the Service Desk about the .hst file format . . . perhaps you can give us the new official .hst file format in reply ?

alexvd:

I also wrote to the Service Desk about the release of build 574 by a Broker . . . no reply.

RaptorUK:
Look at the top of the page, the official release date is 3rd Feb, which is just over a week away. I agree though, it's not ready and much remains to be clarified . . .

I've seen the date, and its context is exactly the problem: all the MetaQuotes attention seems to have been on the new language features, and the Market, and not on backward-compatibility.

If you do a search on Google for "mt4 tick chart" you get about 200 000 hits. Almost all these things will break and need to be replaced by each and every individual user because of the changes to the .hst format and the RateInfo structure.

Similarly, the change to the location used by FileOpen() means that lots of tick loggers and spread monitors will break, plus lots of EAs and indicators which use FileOpen() to communicate with some sort of external process.

cRaptorUK:
I have written to the Service Desk about the .hst file format . . . perhaps you can give us the new official .hst file format in reply ?

It's documented by a combination of the new PeriodConverter script and FileWriteStruct(). The format is:

datetime - now 8 bytes not 4

open (double)

high (double)

low (double)

close (double)

tick volume (8 byte int, not double)

spread (4 byte int)

real volume (8 byte int)

So, it's now a total of 60 bytes rather than 44 before. Note that the order of prices has changed from OLHC to OHLC.

gchrmt4:

It's documented by a combination of the new PeriodConverter script and FileWriteStruct(). The format is:

...HST header remains the same except that version number changes from 400 to 401

How to debug during Backetsting?

Debug in live mode only is less interesting than in backtest mode.

positiveday:

How to debug during Backetsting?

Debug in live mode only is less interesting than in backtest mode.

You can't (for now ?).
Reason: