MetaTrader 4 Build 574 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - page 6

gilmt4:

Windows - drive not ready error.

Hi, could you provide more details?

1) How do you run mt4?(Program Files,portable, from flash drive).

2) How often reproduced this issue?

3) Steps to reproduce with hardware configuration.

Sunaley:
My .ex4 file(build 509) with DLL is working fine but strings cannot be recognized in DLL.

Consider this:

• Strings are now presented in Unicode format, though they were in ANSI format (single byte ones) before. That should be considered if the program uses DLLs and passes string variables to them.

Hi, just want to help, but I don't know if this mql5 sample help https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/1739#comment_14654

RaptorUK:
Not working as expected is not working . . . or broken. I have EAs that write .hst files . . . these will no longer work, so the statement that "old ex4/mq4 files will work, " should be withdrawn and corrected, it is, at best, misleading.

The new version of MT4 writes .hst files with version marked as 401, and does not seem to be able to read old .hst files where the version is 400. There may be a one-off conversion process when upgrading to the new version, but new .hst files in format 400 cannot be read.

This appears to break every single Renko and tick chart creator. (I don't think MetaQuotes realize how much they have relied on such third-party tools, and how many users they would otherwise already have lost to other platforms which have things like Renko charts and tick charts built in.)

The general pattern with build 574 is now clear: if you are doing anything outside of an EA - creating .hst files, passing data to or from external processes via FileOpen(), passing price data to DLLs, etc - then the broad promise of backward compatibility is quite likely not to be true for you.

gchrmt4:

The new version of MT4 writes .hst files with version marked as 401, and does not seem to be able to read old .hst files where the version is 400. There may be a one-off conversion process when upgrading to the new version, but new .hst files in format 400 cannot be read.

This appears to break every single Renko and tick chart creator. (I don't think MetaQuotes realize how much they have relied on such third-party tools, and how many users they would otherwise already have lost to other platforms which have things like Renko charts and tick charts built in.)

The general pattern with build 574 is now clear: if you are doing anything outside of an EA - creating .hst files, passing data to or from external processes via FileOpen(), passing price data to DLLs, etc - then the broad promise of backward compatibility is quite likely not to be true for you.

I sent a Service Desk request asking for clarification on what has been written on this thread, my interpretation is that users will no longer be allowed to read and write .hst files . . . if I get a reply I'll copy it here.

gchrmt4:

I looked back when I released my hst file creators adopting both the new and old formats - it was 2013, November 29. So more than six weeks ago, enough for everybody to tweak his software, if he means it.

Ovo:
I looked back when I released my hst file creators adopting both the new and old formats - it was 2013, November 29. So more than six weeks ago, enough for everybody to tweak his software, if he means it.

You cannot do that . . . apparently.

Renat:
HST format is not documented and only for our service.

RaptorUK:

You cannot do that . . . apparently.

Here I asked for the first time https://forum.mql4.com/56885/page21#870128 Then I worked on it. You can realize that I finished changes before they came with the new Period converter, so the changes must have been really cosmetic to read them. Now everybody has the new Period converter. Piece of cake.

Ovo:

Here I asked for the first time https://forum.mql4.com/56885/page21#870128 Then I worked on it. You can realize that I finished changes before they came with the new Period converter, so the changes must have been really cosmetic to read them. Now everybody has the new Period converter. Piece of cake.

Never mind, I guess my points are being lost in translation . . .

RaptorUK:
Never mind, I guess my points are being lost in translation . . .

Well, I saw your point, lol, sorry I omitted it. You are right, there is obviously a discrepancy between publicly documented FileHistoryOpen and "HST format is not documented and only for our service."

alexey_pak:

Hi, could you provide more details?

1) How do you run mt4?(Program Files,portable, from flash drive).

2) How often reproduced this issue?

3) Steps to reproduce with hardware configuration.

1> locate saved~ C:\fxpro-metatrader4

2> Yesterday i saw this issue for the first time when i delete my limit orders.

Reason: