MetaTrader 4 Build 574 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - page 27

Just about bugs with parameters now :

Case No.1 : simple string parameters. When attached to the chart it is OK. When terminal is restarted the contents of all string parameters is lost (they are blank). Parameters are not altered in any way in the code (as it is seen from the code)

#property indicator_chart_window

enum prices
{
   pr_close,   // Close
   pr_open,    // Open
   pr_high,    // High
   pr_low,     // Low
   pr_median,  // Median
   pr_typical, // Typical
   pr_weighted // Weighted
};

extern string T3Periods       = "14;17;20;23;26;29;32;35";          // T3 periods to use
extern string T3Hots          = "0.7;0.7;0.7;0.7;0.7;0.7;0.7;0.7";  // T3 hots
extern string T3AdaptPeriods  = "25;25;25;25;25;25;25;25";          // Adaptive periods for T3 
extern string T3Originals     = "T;T;T;T;T;T;T;T";                  // Should original caclulation be used
extern prices T3Price         = PRICE_CLOSE;                        // Price to use 

//------------------------------------------------------------------
//
int init()   { return(0); }
int deinit() { return(0); }
int start()  { return(0); }

This is the result after terminal restart :

Case No.2 : enumerated parameters are inverted in the drop down box (the order of every enumerated parameter is completely inverted when the drop down box is used)

#property indicator_chart_window

enum prices
{
   pr_close,   // Close
   pr_open,    // Open
   pr_high,    // High
   pr_low,     // Low
   pr_median,  // Median
   pr_typical, // Typical
   pr_weighted // Weighted
};

extern prices Price = pr_close; // Price to use
//
int init()   { return(0); }
int deinit() { return(0); }
int start()  { return(0); }

This is how the above code is displayed in the drop-down box :

Build 579 for both examples

These are just two examples with parameters bugs.

Jeff7102:
Thanks forexgeeker. My EAs create, write, read, and delete multiple csv files in the experts/files folder. I am unclear if this will be an issue on he new build?
There is no experts folder anymore, there is an Experts folder within the MQL4 folder, and within that is a Files folder where you files will be written to.

@mladen: that seems to be related to my bug here that basically show the same issue just during backtesting and on a integer variable that also is not modified within the code at all but also becomes "0" even though it´s defined as "1" in the inputs section (and is not even a external one): https://forum.mql4.com/60075/page18#898869

EUR/USD Why does Point == 1e-005.0 and what does that mean ?

SDC: EUR/USD Why does Point == 1e-005.0 and what does that mean ?
  1. EURUSD is currently quoted on a 5 digit broker as 1.36537 there for Point = 0.00001. Read the book.
  2. Don't hijack someone else's thread with an off topic post - open a new one

1) so 1e-005.0 == 0.00001 ?

2) I did not consider that was an off topic question because I thought it was related to the new mql4 I had never seen Point displayed that way before.

RaptorUK:
There is no experts folder anymore, there is an Experts folder within the MQL4 folder, and within that is a Files folder where you files will be written to.

Understood Raptor, but will these csv files be automatically copied to the new directory structure on the upgrade (I understand that other file types will be automatically transferred to the appropriate new directory)? To be safe, I will disable my EAs and save my csv files immediately before the upgrade. Perhaps I should just try the beta like you pros. Thanks!

Jeff7102:

Understood Raptor, but will these csv files be automatically copied to the new directory structure on the upgrade (I understand that other file types will be automatically transferred to the appropriate new directory)? To be safe, I will disable my EAs and save my csv files immediately before the upgrade. Perhaps I should just try the beta like you pros. Thanks!
Thats a question I would like the answer to as well . . . I have about 110,000 screen grabs in various subfolders of experts/files that I do not wish to lose . . .

RaptorUK:
Thats a question I would like the answer to as well . . . I have about 110,000 screen grabs in various subfolders of experts/files that I do not wish to lose . . .

The release notes at the start of this thread say "Subfolders additionally created by a user, as well as files contained there are not processed."

Such subfolders are presumably not deleted, just not moved.

gchrmt4:

The release notes at the start of this thread say "Subfolders additionally created by a user, as well as files contained there are not processed."

Such subfolders are presumably not deleted, just not moved.

Ah, well spotted, thanks. I would consider moving to be processing . . . I guess I'll have to test it.

Reason: