MetaTrader 4 Build 574 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - page 26

angevoyageur:

Maybe that comes from your CPU, is it a efficient one (I have i7) ?

RaptorUK:

My CPU is i7 2640M
I hate both of you. My CPU sucks compared to an I7. Im too ashamed to even tell you what mine is lol...

I can confirm the bug that after several testing runs, the EA resets some of the variables that are declared at the top of the EA to 0. Running on Windows 8.1

Also, I see the OnTester() function always returns 0, it DOES NOT WORK. Thus the 'custom' function under optimization is broken!

jos_nmi:

Also, I see the OnTester() function always returns 0, it DOES NOT WORK. Thus the 'custom' function under optimization is broken!

No, OnTester is working, not work:

void OnTesterInit()

void OnTesterDeinit()

TesterStatistics

And optimization by custom I don´t know if work, I am optimizing by custom but I can´t check if is working.

Really dumb question will MT5 indicators work in the new version of MT4?

Given the new HST format, will the new build still recognize and import old format HST files? I presume not, meaning that we (and brokers) will have to reformat old HST data into the new format if we want to supplement the chart history with accurate bars. Will the new build wipe the old HST files clean?

Jeff: it supports the old HST files just fine, had no problems with that. Once you edit them through the history data center, it re-writes them in the new format. Nothing to worry about at least on that front. Even the old period_converter_auto still works fine. Sure that one creates the old HST format, but even then the new build uses these just fine.

brymcafee:
Really dumb question will MT5 indicators work in the new version of MT4?

Nope.

Though the language may looks the same, both language have different built in function.

My previously reported memory leak problem seems to be gone with build 579!

Thanks forexgeeker. My EAs create, write, read, and delete multiple csv files in the experts/files folder. I am unclear if this will be an issue on he new build?
Reason: