MetaTrader 4 Build 574 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - page 25

SDC:

no it is a regular install it is the upgraded 509 installed in program files. I dont think I ever had an option to install in portable mode.

It's not an install option, you just add the /portable switch to the shortcut target after installation.

RaptorUK:
OK, perhaps that is the difference.

Nope . . . even without /portable it's still using 7% CPU doing nothing.

RaptorUK:
Nope . . . even without /portable it's still using 7% CPU doing nothing.

The last build is 579.

angevoyageur:
The last build is 579.
Yep, just got that build, it's running at 6.5%

RaptorUK:
Yep, just got that build, it's running at 6.5%

How many symbols in Market Watch ? Charts ?

angevoyageur:

This should not be that. Mine is running with /portable and is almost always with 0%, even with some indicator running.

Maybe that comes from your CPU, is it a efficient one (I have i7) ?

angevoyageur:
1 chart open, XAUUSD H1, Market watch was open with all symbols available from MetaQuotes Demo . . . it makes no difference closing the Market Watch window. There was a simple Indicator on the chart, removing it has made no difference.

My CPU is i7 2640M

RaptorUK:
1 chart open, XAUUSD H1, Market watch was open with all symbols available from MetaQuotes Demo . . . it makes no difference closing the Market Watch window. There was a simple Indicator on the chart, removing it has made no difference.

My CPU is i7 2640M
I don't have an idea then.

Edit : Eureka ! It's Metaquotes who is spying you and send all your data to their server

fxstr58:

My MT4 upgraded just the other day to the new version (574). Last night I compiled an EA and moved the EX4 file to the Experts folder as I have always done. I closed the MT4 client and re-opened it but I did not see the newly compiled EA in the EA list in Tester. I've repeated this process several times. I even saved the EA to a new name and repeated the process. No matter what I do I cannot see my EA in the list of EAs available to the Strategy Tester. Can anyone help? There must be something related to the installation of the new version that has caused this. What must I do differently? Thanks.

SDC
:

Open a new EA file in metaeditor, copy paste your source code to it, compile it. Or in MT4 go to file/open data folder, put your EA in the experts folder

Thanks to SDC for help with the above question. Now I have another question. In the Expert Properties dialog in Strategy Tester I am using to seeing (in pre-version 574 version of the MT4 client) a tab which presented the EA's external variables and allowed me to change them for optimization runs. I no longer see that tab. How can I enable it so as to be able to change external variable values in a backtest? Thanks in advance.

Here is an example about the memory usage in the exact SAME scenario:

Genetic Optimization on 14 years of data EURUSD M5. Build 509 and 577 (EA recompiled on 577 and running the terminal portable mode, but doesn´t matter which mode actually for the memory usage), both setup with exact same parameters for the optimization and same data range etc:

Running for 2 minutes:

Build 509: 300mb RAM usage

Build 577: 380mb RAM usage

Running for 10 minutes:

Build 509: 400mb RAM usage

Build 577: 900mb RAM usage

Running for 20 minutes:

Build 509: 400mb RAM usage

Build 577: 1200mb RAM usage

Running for 40 minutes:

Build 509: 380mb RAM usage

Build 577: 2400mb RAM usage (!)

Now running http://www.pcwintech.com/cleanmem which is a program that frees up unused resources from all running processes:

Build 509: 320mb RAM usage

Build 577: 450mb RAM usage

Then the whole thing starts over again.. after about 40 minutes Build 577 again takes the maximum memory a 32bit process can take at all - looking like a serious memory leak there, especially as the running of Cleanmem demonstrates that the memory is not really used by build 577 as it brings it down to around 400mb again each time I run it while for Build 509 it doesn´t really bring it down which shows that Build 509 doesn´t leak memory.

Reason: