how to get the time of market close

Dear all,
May I know how to get the time of market close so as to close all the orders in advance ? My EA must avoid the opening gap after the market close. Many thanks for your time and consideration.

taozemin.

tzm:
Dear all,
May I know how to get the time of market close so as to close all the orders in advance ? My EA must avoid the opening gap after the market close. Many thanks for your time and consideration.

taozemin.

The World-Wide Forex Market Opens for the week, Wellington Time, on Mon at 10:00 am,
(Sunday Evening in New York)
and Closes for the Week, New York Time, on Fri at 5:00 pm (17:00 hrs).
Exceptions: National Holiday Closings.

False, all those sites are wrong half the time. Market Opens 6pm ET. Whether its 1000 Wellington depends on daylight savings time of the two countries. Market closes 4 pm ET. not 5. See mkt.closes.srv from my code

WHRoeder:

False, all those sites are wrong half the time. Market Opens 6pm ET. Whether its 1000 Wellington depends on daylight savings time of the two countries. Market closes 4 pm ET. not 5. See mkt.closes.srv from my code

Which market ? It's your broker who opens at 6PM ET. Forex market is opened 24h/7 days, but brokers aren't. What is of interest for a trader is probably when HIS broker's market close.

tzm:
Dear all,

taozemin.

Ask your broker what are opening hours (this is probably on their website). If you want something universal I am not sure it's possible as not all brokers open/close at same time.

angevoyageur: Forex market is opened 24h/7 days, but brokers aren't.
Foreign exchange market - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia"continuous operation: 24 hours a day except weekends, i.e., trading from 20:15 GMT on Sunday until 22:00 GMT Friday;"24h/5.5
Foreign exchange market - Ask.com Encyclopedia"its continuous operation: 24 hours a day except weekends, i.e., trading from 20:15 GMT on Sunday until 22:00 GMT Friday;"24h/5.5
Currency Markets - Forex Markets - Currency Futures Markets - Currency Trading"they trade 24 hours per day from Monday morning in New Zealand (Sunday night in the US) until Friday night in Asia (also Friday night in the US)"24h/5.5
How does the foreign-exchange market trade 24 hours a day?"24 hours a day from 5pm EST on Sunday until 4pm EST Friday"24h/5.5
Forex Trading Online, 24 Hour Trading During Market Hours | FOREX.comA 24-hour market, Forex trading begins in Sydney on Sunday 5 PM ET, and moves around the globe to Tokyo, London, and New York, closing on Friday 5 PM ET. "24h/5.5
Forex Education - Introduction to Forex - IBFX"Forex market operates 24 hours a day, 5.5 days a week (6:00 PM ET on Sunday until 4:00 PM ET on Friday)"24h/5.5
Why Trade Forex? Forex Trading Advantages | Forex Basics @ FXCM"FXCM’s trading desk is open from 5:15 pm (ET) sunday afternoon to 4:55 pm (ET) on fridays. Orders placed prior may be filled until 5 pm (ET)"Broker hours.

WHRoeder:
Foreign exchange market - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia"continuous operation: 24 hours a day except weekends, i.e., trading from 20:15 GMT on Sunday until 22:00 GMT Friday;"24h/5.5
Foreign exchange market - Ask.com Encyclopedia"its continuous operation: 24 hours a day except weekends, i.e., trading from 20:15 GMT on Sunday until 22:00 GMT Friday;"24h/5.5
Currency Markets - Forex Markets - Currency Futures Markets - Currency Trading"they trade 24 hours per day from Monday morning in New Zealand (Sunday night in the US) until Friday night in Asia (also Friday night in the US)"24h/5.5
How does the foreign-exchange market trade 24 hours a day?"24 hours a day from 5pm EST on Sunday until 4pm EST Friday"24h/5.5
Forex Trading Online, 24 Hour Trading During Market Hours | FOREX.comA 24-hour market, Forex trading begins in Sydney on Sunday 5 PM ET, and moves around the globe to Tokyo, London, and New York, closing on Friday 5 PM ET. "24h/5.5
Forex Education - Introduction to Forex - IBFX
"Forex market operates 24 hours a day, 5.5 days a week (6:00 PM ET on Sunday until 4:00 PM ET on Friday)"24h/5.5

"...all those sites are wrong half the time..."

I highlighted all the contradictions with your previous categorical answer. Which is the good one ?

Anyway, Forex market is always open, but as most (all ?) retail brokers are close on week-end, it's simply not available to traders.

See definition of http://www.2013.worldmarkethours.com/Forex/index.htm

might be broker is not open all hours and that way you can't trade

but it looks to me every individual "market" is opening at its local time

and as well united states as new zealand has a DST but starting and ending very different

when it is summer new zealand it is winter europe

i have used this information in the indicator i made and published in CodeBase News events and market times on your chart

but maybe i used bad information

The more information you get the harder it can be choosing right information

You could open the market watch window at the weekend. The time shown will be the time that the broker stops trading. At least it is with the brokers that I use.

angevoyageur:

"...all those sites are wrong half the time..."

I highlighted all the contradictions with your previous categorical answer. Which is the good one ?

Anyway, Forex market is always open, but as most (all ?) retail brokers are close on week-end, it's simply not available to traders.

The contradiction is you saying 24/7. All those posts except the last 3 were NOT brokers. But they ALL say 24/5.5.

I state they most sites (including the top 3) wrong half the time because they don't adjust for DSL. Most of the history I downloaded Stops on Friday at a different time in the summer vs winter. That means the GMT posts are wrong (no DST with GMT.)

Where on that page does it state that? No where. But had you clicked one level down on the infographic it says "Trading hours: 24 hours, 5 days a week. Your own link shows that you are wrong.

WHRoeder:

The contradiction is you saying 24/7. All those posts except the last 3 were NOT brokers. But they ALL say 24/5.5.

I state they most sites (including the top 3) wrong half the time because they don't adjust for DSL. Most of the history I downloaded Stops on Friday at a different time in the summer vs winter. That means the GMT posts are wrong (no DST with GMT.)

Where on that page does it state that? No where. But had you clicked one level down on the infographic it says "Trading hours: 24 hours, 5 days a week. Your own link shows that you are wrong.

I don't want to argue with you. Stay with your certitude, not a problem.

Anyway it's not that important for the OP.

Reason: