Alert: MT4 Terminal Duplicating Orders Sent by Experts - page 2

WHRoeder:

What I see was the EA opened an order and a second later it opened another. Not that two packet went out together.

Put a print statement before and after the OrderSend and prove that you are calling it twice.

Although I cannot "put a print statement" and watch what happens, as you say, because (as I said before) this error is not easily reproducible, the EA ALWAYS sends a message before openning an order. Please look at the first line of the Expert Advisors log: "Requested Open Price for BUY Order: 1.2307". This line was printed before the original order but it was not printed before the bogus order. I have already proven what you ask for.

But anyway, that is not the main point: regardless of print statments, the order is not registered on the experts log.

Ricardo1:. However, the EA did not send it; as I said, the experts log proves it.

The log file proves nothing. It shows an order was opened, and an identical order was opened. The fact that they are the same proves nothing.

Add the print statements and prove it. Or explain why it MUST be mq4 and NOT your EA based on your log.

Ricardo1:

Everything in the bogus order is the same as in the original order, including comment and magic number. However, the EA did not send it; as I said, the experts log proves it.

This is obviously your EA who sent the order. Maybe it send it only once and MT4 executed it twice due to a bug. Maybe there is another problem.
The best thing to do is to write to Service Desk on mql5.com (you have to register if not yet done).

Ricardo1:

Although I cannot "put a print statement" and watch what happens, as you say, because (as I said before) this error is not easily reproducible, the EA ALWAYS sends a message before openning an order. Please look at the first line of the Expert Advisors log: "Requested Open Price for BUY Order: 1.2307". This line was printed before the original order but it was not printed before the bogus order. I have already proven what you ask for.

Can you show some of more of the experts log past this time please 22:32:07,   preferably to a little beyond 22:32:10 please . . .

You have said this is not easily reproducible,  so it won't be easy for any of us to reproduce either, that makes the evidence you have very valuable to us if we are to have any hope of getting to the bottom of what happened. 

WHRoeder:

The log file proves nothing. It shows an order was opened, and an identical order was opened. The fact that they are the same proves nothing.

Add the print statements and prove it. Or explain why it MUST be mq4 and NOT your EA based on your log.

I cannot follow your logic. The discrepancy in the experts log and the journal log is the proof. The print statement is already there. The problem is not reproducible. I can't see any point in your argument.

angevoyageur:

This is obviously your EA who sent the order. Maybe it send it only once and MT4 executed it twice due to a bug. Maybe there is another problem.
The best thing to do is to write to Service Desk on mql5.com (you have to register if not yet done).

That's the point. My expert sent it once AND MT4 executed it twice. Thanks for the advice. You say a support ticket can be created on mql5.com? This is a Metatrader 4 problem. Can't this ticket be created in a MT4 website?

Ricardo1:

That's the point. My expert sent it once AND MT4 executed it twice. Thanks for the advice. You say a support ticket can be created on mql5.com? This is a Metatrader 4 problem. Can't this ticket be created in a MT4 website?

I said "maybe"

No all support is centralized on mql5.com site, also MT4.

There is no print statements that say "calling OrderSend" "Called OrderSend" so you know how many times it was called. There is no proof in the log.

Explain EXACTLY - prove to me that OrderSend was called only once but two orders were created.

You can't see my argument because you have convinced yourself that it can't possibly be your code.

RaptorUK:

Can you show some of more of the experts log past this time please 22:32:07,   preferably to a little beyond 22:32:10 please . . .

You have said this is not easily reproducible,  so it won't be easy for any of us to reproduce either, that makes the evidence you have very valuable to us if we are to have any hope of getting to the bottom of what happened. 

Hello Raptor, I have given you the whole experts log for that day. The next expert action occurs on June 12 at 9:05 so I don't think it would be useful. I'll be glad to give you any evidence I can. This also happened on a demo account on May 29 but I don't have the experts log anymore. There's even another demo case in which I could search for the exact moment where it happened, although the scenario would be much the same... Ok I've got them. I've got the files from the demo account on May 27, using a commercial EA. If you consider it useful, I will post them here.

WHRoeder:

There is no print statements that say "calling OrderSend" "Called OrderSend" so you know how many times it was called. There is no proof in the log.

Explain EXACTLY - prove to me that OrderSend was called only once but two orders were created.

You can't see my argument because you have convinced yourself that it can't possibly be your code.

Friend, all I can say is that your are not following the argument. The print statement you want is already there, and it is not even necessary.
Reason: