Alert: MT4 Terminal Duplicating Orders Sent by Experts - page 4

Nope. I don't care to right now. I'm just making the point that it has happened with nothing wrong in the code.

Baliguy:
Nope. I don't care to right now. I'm just making the point that it has happened with nothing wrong in the code.
LOL, how do you know if you aren't doing basic things such as checking return values from trading Functions ?

How much error checking does this need? :

ticket=OrderSend("AUDCAD",OP_BUYLIMIT,0.05,Marray[1,0],0,0,0,"",0,expiration,CLR_NONE);
if(ticket<=0) Print("Error = ",GetLastError());
Sleep(1200);

Ok, so I still have a little error checking in there. I got no errors when a for orders were duplicated.

The point still is that several order were duplicated.

Baliguy:

How much error checking does this need? :

ticket=OrderSend("AUDCAD",OP_BUYLIMIT,0.05,Marray[1,0],0,0,0,"",0,expiration,CLR_NONE);
if(ticket<=0) Print("Error = ",GetLastError());
Sleep(1200);

Ok, so I still have a little error checking in there. I got no errors when a for orders were duplicated.

The point still is that several order were duplicated.

OK, you have the basics, it's much better than having none

Hi Ricardo,

I too believe that this is a bug in the platform https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/146264

and Urge MetaQuotes to fix this.

I'm currently working on writing specific code to patch this MT4 bug, which checks my exposure by counting the tickets I send and the ones the broker has. and if there is a discrepancy I find the ticket number I dont have in my list and close it automatically.

Baliguy: Nope. I don't care to right now. I'm just making the point that it has happened with nothing wrong in the code.
What code - none has be posted?

JamesMadden:

Hi Ricardo,

I too believe that this is a bug in the platform https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/146264

and Urge MetaQuotes to fix this.

I'm currently working on writing specific code to patch this MT4 bug, which checks my exposure by counting the tickets I send and the ones the broker has. and if there is a discrepancy I find the ticket number I dont have in my list and close it automatically.

And you will pay the spread at least . . . why would you do that if it wasn't your fault ?

Have you reported this issue via the Service Desk

RaptorUK:

And you will pay the spread at least . . . why would you do that if it wasn't your fault ?

Have you reported this issue via the Service Desk

Perfect! I was looking for the service desk link . I will get right on it. Tnx. If your connected id appreciate if you help me give this a higher priority in their ticket pool Thanks

JamesMadden:
Perfect! I was looking for the service desk link . I will get right on it. Tnx. If your connected id appreciate if you help me give this a higher priority in their ticket pool Thanks
LOL, I'm just an unpaid, unappreciated volunteer . . . I don't even get my own requests answered sometimes.

RaptorUK:
LOL, I'm just an unpaid, unappreciated volunteer . . . I don't even get my own requests answered sometimes.

Lol, will keep you posted
Reason: