How to sort the Market Watch window by Symbol name?

Hi,

sorry if this trivial question have been already answer somewhere in the forum, but I've been unable to find it.

Does anyone know how to sort the Market Watch table by Symbol name column?

Thank you very much,

Best regards

Stefano 

I don't see a way

spronti:

Hi,

sorry if this trivial question have been already answer somewhere in the forum, but I've been unable to find it.

Thank you very much,

Best regards

Stefano 

Drag and drop the name yourself in alphabetical order. No automatic way.

1. Go to your market watch window, and either click show all, or select the symbols you want to view using the symbols option

2. If you want to select the symbols, simply select ALL that you want to view, the order of selection/display does not matter

3. Now save the list of symbols using Sets > Save As (typically stored in MT4Terminal\history\symbolsets)
In this case I chose to save it as all.set

4. Now click on hide all, this will hide ALL symbols that currently have no open trades for

5. Now go and edit the all.set file using notepad, order it HOWEVER you want, the order here will set the actual display order.

6. For a quick fix, dump the entire list in excel then use the excel sort feature to sort a-z

7. Now go back to MT4 and then open the updated set file

Hope this helps 

Willstar44:

4. Now click on hide all, this will hide ALL symbols that currently have no open trades for

It will not hide the symbols for open charts even if there are no current trades for the symbol.

AUDCAD
AUDCHF
AUDJPY
AUDNZD
AUDUSD
CADCHF
CADJPY
CHFJPY
EURAUD
EURCAD
EURCHF
EURGBP
EURJPY
EURNZD
EURUSD
GBPAUD
GBPCAD
GBPCHF
GBPJPY
GBPNZD
GBPUSD
NZDCAD
NZDCHF
NZDJPY
NZDUSD
USDCAD
USDCHF
USDJPY

XAUUSD

replace it on notepad

stefano:

Hi,

Thank you very much,

Best regards

Stefano 

Just click on "Symbol" next to Bid

Paulo Julio Marques Da Costa #: Just click on "Symbol" next to Bid
No, that only works on MT5, not MT4.
Reason: