Why some great coders and trading system developers are ignoring Metatrader 5? - page 4

I think it's back to people's choice. You don't have to argue which one better, 4 or 5.. I am still using 4. Many people still using 4, too. You can check on broker's website. Most of all broker (maybe all of them) still keep MT4. The question you should ask, why they still keep MT4 if you think MT5 is more developed and people are having more possibilities to make money while trading?

We do know MetaTrader 3 is 'erased' by Metaquotes because all of 3 can be found in 4. So, I'm assuming people still keep using 4 because there's something missing in 5. If you think MT5 is better, then try  to mastering it and become the great coder of MT5 while me and other trader still use the 4. 

Because it doesn't allow hedging..

ankit29030:
Because it doesn't allow hedging..
correct answer... and there's more..

Hi ubzen,

1) _Techno_ 2)abolk and 3)Wahoo

I don't think there's a single $500 job in the lists above.

Just made quick look at it https://www.mql5.com/en/users/Wahoo/portfolio/page4 :

and more here https://www.mql5.com/en/users/Wahoo/portfolio/page15 :

=============== 

I am not your buddy. And I do not have any special relationship with you sorry :)

You asked for proof - and I provided the forum name to you - whole this forum is my proof - everything was published since 2005 there. Go and see by yourself. Or go and ask there.
I am sorry but I am right with my sentence in the title of this thread.

What I wanted to say that the development of any forum should be based on free public development (as the instrument of increasing the people's interest).
And MT5 is more good for this situation: a lot of things to do with less competition.

Anyway - it is my personal opinion.

rex_loner:

I think it's back to people's choice. You don't have to argue which one better, 4 or 5.. I am still using 4. Many people still using 4, too. You can check on broker's website. Most of all broker (maybe all of them) still keep MT4. The question you should ask, why they still keep MT4 if you think MT5 is more developed and people are having more possibilities to make money while trading?

We do know MetaTrader 3 is 'erased' by Metaquotes because all of 3 can be found in 4. So, I'm assuming people still keep using 4 because there's something missing in 5. If you think MT5 is better, then try  to mastering it and become the great coder of MT5 while me and other trader still use the 4. 

Yes, you are right - people's choice.
I am just trying to analyze about.

newdigital:

Yes, you are right - people's choice.
I am just trying to analyze about.

In my place, we're not just debating about which one is better (MT4 or 5) because somehow there's plenty people thinking trading is illegitimate by some religion. Me and my friend tried to analized it why they have a thought like that, but it never met the end. They tried to convince us it's important to follow religion's rule about forbiding forex trading, and in my side tried to convince them it doesn't have to judged by some religion, and so on.

It never stop. We think it's useless. Debating is just another way to waste your and other people's energy. So we're keep focusing on what we're working on. I think you should focusing on what you do in MT5 and leave this matter behind, too. For those who think MT4 is better, let it be. And for those think MT5 is better, let it be, too. Just like I said, it's a choice.. :)

I could never understand why I am not allowed to hedge using MT5  ?  can anyone explain ?  why can I only have one position on an instrument at any one time ?  can anyone explain ?

newdigital
Buddy [because you're obviously looking for friends], it's obvious you'll take anything out-of-context to make a pointless-point.  You imply I should know you -- but I don't [that highlights how big you think you are - little-man]. If meta-quotes made you moderator on mql5.com because they wanted to stimulate interest in mt5 you've sure let them down. Everyone responding to your comment dis-agrees with your approach on some level. I dis-agreed that you need to spend >=500 credits for mql4->mql5 conversions on jobs. About your other Opinions, I'll let the rest of the forum School you BUDDY.

Simon,

I could never understand why anyone would want to hedge. Hedging seems to me to be a dangerous trading method, especially if a strategy relies on "pyramiding" or "gridding" orders. For every order added to the market, more risk is added to the account. I believe it more sensible to open an order one at a time then partially close the order depending how the market evolves. If the account is being hedged, the account is essentially the entire order. ;) So I ask myself, hmm, do I wish to trade a single lot? OR do I wish to hedge my entire account balance? It depends on how much a trader wishes to risk.

Thank you.

WhooDoo22:

Simon,

I could never understand why anyone would want to hedge. Hedging seems to me to be a dangerous trading method, especially if a strategy relies on "pyramiding" or "gridding" orders. For every order added to the market, more risk is added to the account. I believe it more sensible to open an order one at a time then partially close the order depending how the market evolves. If the account is being hedged, the account is essentially the entire order. ;) So I ask myself, hmm, do I wish to trade a single lot? OR do I wish to hedge my entire account balance? It depends on how much a trader wishes to risk.

Thank you.

But why does MT5 prohibit  me  from hedging ? isn't it my choice ?
Reason: