MT4 on Windows 8 Phone or Tablet or PC

Hi Guys,

Within Windows 8 is released and Surface Tablet is coming into the market, I believe more users will use Windows 8 installed device, i.e. Cell Phone, tablet and PC. 

Does anyone know whether MT4 can be run on Windows 8 Phone? On Windows 8 RT/Pro Tablet? On Windows 8 Laptop? 

Does MT4 development team have schedule to focus on this issue of running MT4 on Windows 8 devices?

Thanks 

forexfun:

Hi Guys,

Within Windows 8 is released and Surface Tablet is coming into the market, I believe more users will use Windows 8 installed device, i.e. Cell Phone, tablet and PC. 

Does anyone know whether MT4 can be run on Windows 8 Phone? On Windows 8 RT/Pro Tablet? On Windows 8 Laptop? 

Does MT4 development team have schedule to focus on this issue of running MT4 on Windows 8 devices?

I haven't tried yet,  maybe in the next week or 2, but I suspect MT4 will run on Windows 8 running on  x86 32bit and 64bit based computers.  Phones and tablets based on anything other than x86 . . .  I doubt it.

Hi Guys, has anyone succeeded using MT4 (desktop version) on tablet/convertibles with windows 8? Please share, because I need to buy mobile device that support original desktop version of MT4 (not mobile version), but I'm completely blind what brand and type to buy. Thanks in advance guys...

M1R4:
Hi Guys, has anyone succeeded using MT4 (desktop version) on tablet/convertibles with windows 8? Please share, because I need to buy mobile device that support original desktop version of MT4 (not mobile version), but I'm completely blind what brand and type to buy. Thanks in advance guys...
Read my post above . . .

Why would you expect that code written and compiled for x86 would magically run on ARM or Nvidia CPU ?  unless you have a software emulator to emulate the x86 architecture,  which will run slowly on a tablet,  then you will need a tablet with an x86 CPU and you will need to run Windows on it.

Hi RaptorUK, thank you so much for your info, but I don't really understand about processor (can't tell the difference). I wanted to buy Samsung ATIV Smart PC 500T Tablet, can you tell me will it run MT4 desktop version? They use Intel Atom Z2760 1.80 GHz. Thank you again..

M1R4:
Hi RaptorUK, thank you so much for your info, but I don't really understand about processor (can't tell the difference). I wanted to buy Samsung ATIV Smart PC 500T Tablet, can you tell me will it run MT4 desktop version? They use Intel Atom Z2760 1.80 GHz. Thank you again..
I think it would work,  it may be a little on the slow side but it should work.  From other posts on other sites I have read MT4 is reported to work OK with windows 8.  

As usual though . . .  DYOR,  it is your money at risk,  not mine.

Just buy the device (not include cell phone) you want, then install MT4 on it. If it does not work, just return, you won't loss money.

I have done a little research into the subject (by no means exhaustive) and I think it comes down to how you intend to use MT4 - as a portable desktop/laptop at home and WiFi cafes or truly mobile. My desired use would be truly mobile:

MT4 (PC version, because versions of MT4 for Android/iOS have such reduced functinoality its not worth it). This means Windows 8 PRO (Not RT).

Tablet (because the larger screen form factor is better than a phone screen size)

- with 3G, because WiFi is not always available, and you cannot truly be mobile if your tied to an Internet cafe connection

The issue becomes connectivity over 3G

And if you have MT4 running on a VPS you want to connect to via Remote Desktop, the VPS should run Windows Server 2012 - it has a new feature called "RemoteFX over WAN" that improves connectivity and speed for Remote Desktop Connections over 3G (see here). But if you go down this route, the tablet will need a keyboard and/or trackpad once it connects to the VPS.

And I dont think there's a 10" 3G tablet with keyboard running Windows 8 Pro on the market yet, at least not in the UK. If anyone knows different, let me know!

HarriMQL4:

I have done a little research into the subject (by no means exhaustive) and I think it comes down to how you intend to use MT4 - as a portable desktop/laptop at home and WiFi cafes or truly mobile. My desired use would be truly mobile:

MT4 (PC version, because versions of MT4 for Android/iOS have such reduced functinoality its not worth it). This means Windows 8 PRO (Not RT).

Tablet (because the larger screen form factor is better than a phone screen size)

- with 3G, because WiFi is not always available, and you cannot truly be mobile if your tied to an Internet cafe connection

The issue becomes connectivity over 3G

And if you have MT4 running on a VPS you want to connect to via Remote Desktop, the VPS should run Windows Server 2012 - it has a new feature called "RemoteFX over WAN" that improves connectivity and speed for Remote Desktop Connections over 3G (see here). But if you go down this route, the tablet will need a keyboard and/or trackpad once it connects to the VPS.

And I dont think there's a 10" 3G tablet with keyboard running Windows 8 Pro on the market yet, at least not in the UK. If anyone knows different, let me know!

Just wait for Surface Win8 Pro, rumors say that it will come Jan 2013. I think the full MT4 on PC can be installed on Surface Win 8 Pro.

For mobile, there are two options:

(1) The tablet has SIM card slot and 3G capabilities, if so, it can be on the internet all the time, wherever you go.

(2) The tablet has WiFi only, if so, you can access internet though your mobile phone which has 3G.

Hope you can find a Win 8 tablet which has 3G and WiFi.      

Have you guys looked at MT4 for Windows 8 Phone? Just received my new Nokia 920 and I now have no proper charts on my phone. Just moved from the iPhone and was getting used to the new push alerts from MT4 desktop to the mobile platform. Windows 8 Phone should be the next OS to challenge Android and Apple

Wiz 

wizardblue:

Have you guys looked at MT4 for Windows 8 Phone? Just received my new Nokia 920 and I now have no proper charts on my phone. Just moved from the iPhone and was getting used to the new push alerts from MT4 desktop to the mobile platform. Windows 8 Phone should be the next OS to challenge Android and Apple

Wiz 

Yes, Win8 phone will have more users, but need time to catch Android and Apple.

Nokia 920 is Windows 8 phone. Did you install MT4 (MetaTrader 4 Mobile Smartphone Edition ) on it successfully? Can you post screen shot of the problem?
Reason: