trading an account from another mt4 broker on your current mt4 platform - page 2

tradability:

Hi

If anyone knows how to use the current mt4 platform with all the charts and indicators to trade an mt4 account from another broker let me kow please. The only way I know is to try and use a trade copier of some sort. 

Thanks 

Why not simply open an account with the broker who's feed you like instead of opening an account with a broker you dont like then following the other's feed. Some things just take common sense.

tradability:

Thats right phi nuts I already tried putting the demo config folder of the account that I want to trade into the broker that the EA is running on but thats like trading using the other MT4. So no good.

"Tradability, here's some crazy idea, install MT4 on experts/file folder of the other MT, then use some file operation in there to exchange data and trade command, do you get it ?" 

I don't get it. See if can show me what you mean but just remember guys that when I used a trade copier it did trade some which were profitable but not efficient. I need at least a >90% efficient system.

Here :

Say the first MT4 is in C:\Program\Trading\MT4_1. So the second one should be in C:\Program\Trading\MT4_1\experts\files\MT4_2.

Using file operation, the first MT4_1 write trading command to a file to second MT4_2 file folder, which is located in here C:\Program\Trading\MT4_1\experts\files\MT4_2\experts\files. 

Using file operation, the second MT4_2 read that file

tonny:
My friend its not a must you delete config folder to change server. You simply go to Tools -> Options -> Server and enter the new details in the server input field.

Yes tonny, you're right. The server details must be server IP internet address with port number.

I successfully login to Alpari UK using FXDD MT4. Now the FXDD config folder has Alpari srv file and so its history file too.

phi.nuts:

Yes tonny, you're right. The server details must be server IP internet address with port number.

I successfully login to Alpari UK using FXDD MT4. Now the FXDD config folder has Alpari srv file and so its history file too.

Told you.

tonny:
Why not simply open an account with the broker who's feed you like instead of opening an account with a broker you dont like then following the other's feed. Some things just take common sense.

tonny

READ MY THIRD REPLY AND YOU WILL REALISE WHY NOT 

tonny:
Told you.

phi.nuts:

I'M NOT AFTER THE HISTORY I AM AFTER THE LIVE STREAMING. THE HISTORY IS USED FOR BACKTESTING ETC...

you are drifting off track lol 

tradability:

It would seem that some sort of communication between EAs running on the 2 Terminals would be the best method . . . what options have you already investigated ?  

RaptorUK:
It would seem that some sort of communication between EAs running on the 2 Terminals would be the best method . . . what options have you already investigated ?  

I used the MT4i trade copier with what I call bad results low efficiency of about 40% (i.e it was only taking 40/100 trades) BUT still profiting. However, not good enough!

The good thing about it was that even though there were slight price difference between the two MT4 platforms the setup was still profitable so there is merrit in pursuing it. 

tradability:

I used the MT4i trade copier with what I call bad results low efficiency of about 40% (i.e it was only taking 40/100 trades) BUT still profiting. However, not good enough!

The good thing about it was that even though there were slight price difference the setup was still profitable so there is merrit in pursuing it. 

I've never looked at Trade Copier or similar,  does the master EA send the trade after it has already placed it or before ?  if it is after then that adds latency due to the order being placed on the master EA.

Have you looked at QuickChannel ?  

tradability:

I'M NOT AFTER THE HISTORY I AM AFTER THE LIVE STREAMING. THE HISTORY IS USED FOR BACKTESTING ETC...

The live feed comes from a broker server right? So if you change the server obviously the live feed and etc will be from the new server. But now to use the feed to open trade in another broker without a trade copier EA is your question right?
Reason: