Chart printing problem

Hi all,

I am new to trading and MT4 so please forgive the new-ness.

I am making it a habit of printing charts and put my comments on them but have been encountering problems printing them. Here's what happens:

1. Print preview is good.

2. It's only when I click "print", which whether printed as soft or hard copy, will end up like the following. The whole chart is squeezed to 1 side and the printing is wrong (I print them as black and white, not color):

3. And it takes many prints before I get a proper printout as follows:

4. So my last resort was to print as PDF files to make sure it's a viewable before I print a hard copy (sometimes takes 10-15 prints to get 1 good print).

Please see attached pics for bad and good print.

I also noticed the screen changes during the bad print as follows.

Hope someone can help as it's driving me nuts.

Hi Palmy,

There's plenty way to print chart. Most of us using, File > Save as picture and then we print that saved picture. Why don't you try that instead direct Print.

You can also take a screenshot using WindowsScreenShot (https://docs.mql4.com/windows/WindowScreenShot)

:D

onewithzachy:

Hi Palmy,

There's plenty way to print chart. Most of us using, File > Save as picture and then we print that saved picture. Why don't you try that instead direct Print.

You can also take a screenshot using WindowsScreenShot (https://docs.mql4.com/windows/WindowScreenShot)

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that function when I started but find it difficult to make comments/markup on the graphic format file using other apps. So printing and editing them in PDF is much easier. On top of that, my charts are dark backgrounds (easier on the eyes) so printing those black backgrounds would be a complete waste of ink! :)

palmy:

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that function when I started but find it difficult to make comments/markup on the graphic format file using other apps. So printing and editing them in PDF is much easier. On top of that, my charts are dark backgrounds (easier on the eyes) so printing those black backgrounds would be a complete waste of ink! :)

Hi palmy,

1. You can edit in MS Paint

2. Change the chart background color first, save it as MT template. Everytime you want to print, use that template.

3. AFAIK you can also print that images as .pdf

onewithzachy:

Hi palmy,

1. You can edit in MS Paint

2. Change the chart background color first, save it as MT template. Everytime you want to print, use that template.

3. AFAIK you can also print that images as .pdf

Thanks again for the suggestion.

It's not about just changing the background color and print. I still have to change other colors like grid line and indicators, which means I have to keep 2 sets of charts - 1 for viewing and 1 for printing. It's just not feasible.

Looks like the problem is either too difficult to resolve or not many uses this feature. I will just keep using it as I do now until I can find an alternative.

Change colours to what you want in print and save it as a template so you wont have to do this all the time. Do the same for what you want it to look like when not printing. When you want to print select your print template, save as picture, then print. To go back to view mode select your view mode template.

I know this thread is now v old but I experience exactly the same problem when printing from MT4.  The suggested workarounds are not really viable if you have a lot to print, and inconvenient.  Surely it should just work!? - I am amazed I can't find more on this on google...so perhaps this is not a common problem and most folk can print ok?  For me, if I am doing a batch it can sometimes work for a while but then it will start going screwy as above, sometimes it will work and sometimes it won't, it seems completely arbitrary.  I do keep printing to a minimum but sometimes I do need to do a load, and this glitch is proving a big time-waster (& paper/ink waster) for me.

If anyone has got any suggestions to get the printing function to actually work, consistently, I'd be very grateful!

Reason: