Connection problems since new server-Software of MetaQuotes

At the end of may I got an email of my broker to update my MT-client because there will be an server-Update on June 1th. Since this day I have a lot of problems with sending orders to my broker. Every second trade, there is the message cannot login [No connection] in the log.

My broker says, it must be my internet-connection, but I run several MT-clients on my computer and at the same time one client send an order without any problems and the other MT-client with the same EA have no connection. I think the reason must be the server-update because this EA works well since last september until the server-update of Metaquotes.

As far as I know, this server-update was necessary for all brokers.

- Can anybody of Metaquotes can explain this problem?

- What are the reason for this quick change?

- What are the changes on checking the connections to the clients?

flowtrader

1. What quick change. The June 1st was posted here for months.
  2. Did you install in \program files* on vista/win7
  3. Make sure you don't have two terminals running in the same directory.
  4. As far as I read there weren't any changes to connections.

WHRoeder:
  1. What quick change. The June 1st was posted here for months.
  2. Did you install in \program files* on vista/win7
  3. Make sure you don't have two terminals running in the same directory.
  4. As far as I read there weren't any changes to connections.

to 1.

This post is 2 weeks prior the June 1st. Some broker inform their clients 3 days ago the server-update

to 2. no

to 3.

Don't really understand what you mean. My MT-Clients are installed like this:

c:\metatrader-EA1
c:\metatrader-EA2
c:\metatrader-EA3

to 4.

There must be a connection to the server-update. I'm not the only user of this EA and heard of other clients with the same problem. Everything works well with this EA, but since June 1st, there is no reliable order execution. That's not the idea of automatic trading. I don't have the time to check every hour, if the EA has execute a signal correct or not.

Possible MetaQuotes limits the number of possible trades at the same time?

flowtrader

Please, can anybody of MetaQuotes explain, why since 01.06. I got the "cannot login" message?

flowtrader

flowtrader:

to 1.

This post is 2 weeks prior the June 1st. Some broker inform their clients 3 days ago the server-update

This was posted in March . . . New Version of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 416

Try a different Broker, set up 4 Demo accounts to replicate your live environment . . if that works then you need to go back to your Broker and explain that you will be moving you business unless they investigate and resolve their issue . . .

RaptorUK:
This was posted in March . . . New Version of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 416

Thanks for the information. But I don't understand the information politics of MetaQuotes. I know several brokers who informed their clients at first in the week before June 1st. Or do you think that several brokers inform their clients too late?

But I think that is a theme for another thread .......

RaptorUK:
Try a different Broker, set up 4 Demo accounts to replicate your live environment . . if that works then you need to go back to your Broker and explain that you will be moving you business unless they investigate and resolve their issue . . .

Thanks RaptorUK for your answer. But I don't trust the demo accounts. I tried to replicate the problemes with a demo-account of my broker. There all trades will be send without any connection problems. I only have this problems with the live-account.

So in conclusion I only can make realistic tests with real-accounts, but this is an expensive way to test..........

Would be great to get support from MetaQuotes. Don't understand that her in the official forum is no reaction to my problems :(

flowtrader:

Would be great to get support from MetaQuotes. Don't understand that her in the official forum is no reaction to my problems :(

It sounds like it's an issue for your Broker not Metaquotes. This Forum is for mql4 . . not general MT4 issues or questions . . . for whatever reason the general MT4 Forum is no longer open . . .

One question, when you tried to replicate this with Demo account, did you use one Demo account or several at once like you do with your live trading ? Perhaps you can give a little more info, you said that you run several clients at once, are they all connecting to the same Broker or different Brokers ?

I have seen another post similar to yours, I'll see if I can find it . . .

flowtrader:

Don't really understand what you mean. My MT-Clients are installed like this:

c:\metatrader-EA1
c:\metatrader-EA2
c:\metatrader-EA3

but if you start them with a script like
c:\metatrader-EA1\terminal.exe
c:\metatrader-EA3\terminal.exe
your going to have problems

WHRoeder:
but if you start them with a script like
c:\metatrader-EA3\terminal.exe
your going to have problems

I start five MT4-clients manually every sunday evening. Is this a problem?
I don't use scripts for this.

flowtrader

Reason: