Wrong directory after compile mq4

Hi All,

Could you help me on this?

When i compile my mq4 file, the ex4 files will be saved to below location.

C:\Users\.....\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\OANDA - MetaTrader\experts

As far as i understand, it should be saved to :

C:\Program Files\OANDA - MetaTrader\experts (after compiling, it doesn't show up in this directory)

why this happened? How do i change the directory?

f_axe:

Hi All,

Could you help me on this?

When i compile my mq4 file, the ex4 files will be saved to below location.

C:\Users\.....\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\OANDA - MetaTrader\experts

As far as i understand, it should be saved to :

C:\Program Files\OANDA - MetaTrader\experts (after compiling, it doesn't show up in this directory)

why this happened? How do i change the directory?

You can open it with your MetaEditor if it is mq4 file

Uppercorner on the left choose 'File'

Go to 'Save as' and you can choose the right directory to where it has to be saved

after done so you can use compile

i have done so, i.e, Save As to C:\Program Files\OANDA - MetaTrader\experts.

However, after compiling, it still directs to C:\Users\.....\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\OANDA - MetaTrader\experts

why the *.ex4 file goes to virtual store?

Don't install the terminal in \program files* on Vista/Win7

f_axe:

i have done so, i.e, Save As to C:\Program Files\OANDA - MetaTrader\experts.

However, after compiling, it still directs to C:\Users\.....\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\OANDA - MetaTrader\experts

why the *.ex4 file goes to virtual store?

Yellow map with green arrow ===> you go directory up

Go back to last directory ======> blue circle with white arrow to left

making new directory =======> yellow map with star

This way you can choose where to save your files and make new directories

WHRoeder:

i am using vista home basic, so where should i install the program in windows vista? anywhere in C:\ or D:\ or what so ever, except \program files ? is that correct?

f_axe:

i am using vista home basic, so where should i install the program in windows vista? anywhere in C:\ or D:\ or what so ever, except \program files ? is that correct?
Correct, but try to use something that makes sense . . . like C:\MT4Installs\Broker_Name\

thanks Raptor, that does it.

WHRoeder:

Is this standard procedure for anyone who is running W7 or Vista? - or this being suggested here only because the user is having problems?

Thanks

JPS:

Is this standard procedure for anyone who is running W7 or Vista? - or this being suggested here only because the user is having problems?

Thanks

It's a standard recommendation due to the problems that UAC causes many people when trying to run MT4 on Windows 7 and Vista.

RaptorUK 2012.05.29 00:00
It's a standard recommendation due to the problems that UAC causes many people when trying to run MT4 on Windows 7 and Vista.

Unofficial recommendation by MT user

Click here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/139587

I'm using Vista HB too installed in C:\Program Files\ ... and it still installed there, no need installed in new directory, right click your MT folder > select security tab > click edit > click add > click advanced > click find now > select from the list "Authenticated Users" > click OK > click OK > select box "Full Control" > click Apply and wait. > click OK > click OK and you're OK if you can follow all this steps by memorizing them :D

Note : link to this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/138521

Reason: