Problems with Time() - page 5

onewithzachy:

I think you missing the tools that CFx won't mention it. I think CFx prefer that tools over MetaEditor coz CFx said "not a programmer yet".

:D

READ, people! I said it was a code generator. At what point does reading matter on this forum?

You guys have been so pampered on this forum that you really do have a hard time with real traders, don't you? You seem intimidated by that, from where I sit. You can't even engage someone with a decent tone an tenor, without exploding into an "I'm An MQL Guru" kung fu stance, merely because someone types incorrect syntax AFTER telling you outright that they were not an MQL programmer.

I am so glad that attitudes like yours don't exist on the flight line.

CFx:

If I need to type "I AM NOT A PROGRAMMER" in my signature, I'll be glad to put it there for everyone to see. I have no problem with being MQL challenged, because I know that the VAST majority of MQL gurus are Trade Logic challenged. So, we can "talk shop" about what we "do not fully understand."

For the record, I am not a programmer either . . . but I can write some mql4 code because I made the effort to learn.

SDC:

I copy pasted your code from your post, the same post in which you were ranting about flawed datetime functions. Your example for why they were flawed included that code with the complaint that it did not work, i corrected it in an attempt to show you your mistakes. At no time in your post did you state or imply that you were deliberately posting code you knew would not work to "find out the behaviour of MQL"and to claim your original post explains why you did that in your later post is quite frankly, a bunch of baloney

Guy, wake-up. I'm not on some "I'm a code guru" pissing contest quest, alright.

I told you explicitly WHY I used TimeHour and TimeHour, and yet you sit here, assuming that you know or knew what was in my mind at the time I wrote it?

Whatever....

onewithzachy:

Oh dear,

All of us here actually trader. If you read all post around here, it's all about beating up the market.

Really? Beating up the market, huh?

Hmmmm.

CFx:

READ, people! I said it was a code generator. At what point does reading matter on this forum?

You guys have been so pampered on this forum that you really do have a hard time with real traders, don't you? You seem intimidated by that, from where I sit. You can't even engage someone with a decent tone an tenor, without exploding into an "I'm An MQL Guru" kung fu stance, merely because someone types incorrect syntax AFTER telling you outright that they were not an MQL programmer.

I am so glad that attitudes like yours don't exist on the flight line.

That code generator may have some flaws, we review some of generated code around here.

You have problem with Time() - especially in Strategy Tester, right ? Well, if you'd like to open your MetaEditor > Navigator window Ctrl + D > select Dictionary tab > select Date & Time function > and the tool box should be open. Start clicking from Day() and so on, you will read that, "At testing, some of this Time() function is modelled."

CFx:

Really? Beating up the market, huh?

Hmmmm.

Kindly click https://championship.mql5.com// for "sample"

RaptorUK:
And yet you can't answer a simple question . . . you came here for help, if you don't want it or no longer need it that's fine. If you still want help then it's a good idea to help us help you . . . I don't use Technical Indicators so I'm really not interested in your code. I only posted to this thread to try and help . . .

And, yet - you still can't seem to read in context and reply to the same.

Plenty of people over the years have gotten help from me about how to construct consistent trade logic. Without such skill, all the programming knowledge in the world won't save your account. It is all too easy in this business to make a fortune, if you already have a small fortune to start with. Any consistent Swing Trader, can build a worthy financial empire in Forex, if they have the right size account to start, and just some fundamental knowledge about technical market theory.

However, the guy with only $1,000 to start, has a much different road to hoe. His path to building a worthy financial empire in Forex, is far, far, far different - because swing trading does not offer MFE/MAE ratios capable of sustaining the typical trader and growing capital fast enough. Swing MFE/MAE is not the same as intra-day trading MFE/MAE and the impact on all held positions is what makes the difference. So, your entire approach to intra-day trading with the intent to build real wealth in this business, starting with small amounts of equity, has to be 180-degrees from what you can do as a pure Swing or Position trader, and that will determine exactly what kind of technical analysis you MUST use in order to get there.

Of course, you've already done it, so I'm just preaching to the choir, no doubt.

RaptorUK:
For the record, I am not a programmer either . . . but I can write some mql4 code because I made the effort to learn.

Can you write consistently profitable Trade Logic across ALL market types, because you made the effort to learn?

Are you going to sit here, and proclaim that learning MQL is easier than learning how to write consistently profitable trade logic that works in all market conditions? Or, are you going to admit what any successful long-term trader already understands, that learning how to develop rock solid trade logic, was probably one of the most difficult learning tasks they ever encountered?

I have jet type ratings in multiple high performance aircraft, and I've flown some of the most complex jets in existence. Yet, learning how to develop consistently profitable code in FX, was by far, the most challenging technical study of my entire life. Nothing even comes close in my life, including three technical degrees.

Learning to be consistent as an FX trader, as been the most technically challenging thing I've ever done - bar far. And, anyone that has accomplished the same, knows exactly what I'm talking about - no explanation is necessary.

onewithzachy:

That code generator may have some flaws, we review some of generated code around here.

You have problem with Time() - especially in Strategy Tester, right ? Well, if you'd like to open your MetaEditor > Navigator window Ctrl + D > select Dictionary tab > select Date & Time function > and the tool box should be open. Start clicking from Day() and so on, you will read that, "At testing, some of this Time() function is modelled."

That's the problem. I read elsewhere, that some people have managed to get the actual server time from the data being fed to the MT4 Tester. I do Multi-Time Frame back-testing all the time in MT4, because I use a script that feeds tick data to the Tester engine and builds all time frames from the Tick Data, as opposed to just M1 bars. So, I have "literal" historical bars ranging from M1 up through MN, complete with [b]Dates and Times[/b]. So, I should be getting something other than "modeled" server time. In fact, I should be getting the actual historical time and that should be seen by the EA, and used by the EA. Yet, that is not happening at all.

Other forums show that people have had problems with MT4's Time() based functions. I'm not the only one out here having difficulty with this stuff. So, I came to the gurus, thinking that they would have heard all about the issues that other people on the net were having and would already have found solutions.

However, it is ok. I can change the initial signal scanning code to work in what I call, Progressive Mode. That's simply a trade execution philosophy that is "always in the market," and that uses the reversal signal to close out the existing trade. Doing that will alter the way I use information obtained from the MFE/MAE ratio produced by the EA. So, I can get some decent optimization out of the change, without using Time().

Its just one more creative solution to come up with, that's all. Been there, done that before.

onewithzachy:
Kindly click https://championship.mql5.com// for "sample"

It indicates that you must "send" your Expert Advisor... LOL, I read no further than that

Here's a direct quote from the Rules page:

1. The Organizer provides the server equipment, on which the Participants’ Expert Advisors will run non-stop throughout the duration of the Championship.

Send my work product! Now, that was funny! I have not laughed that hard in a while - thanks! :)

Reason: