Problems with Time() - page 4

CFx:

The answer is in the OP.

In your OP you show MQL4 code . . . so I think it is safe to assume that you have access to the mq4 file . . so I don't understand why you simply can't open the file in MetaEditor, add some print statements, recompile, copy over your modified EA and test it ? what am I missing ?

RaptorUK:
In your OP you show MQL4 code . . . so I think it is safe to assume that you have access to the mq4 file . . so I don't understand why you simply can't open the file in MetaEditor, add some print statements, recompile, copy over your modified EA and test it ? what am I missing ?

I think you missing the tools that CFx won't mention it. I think CFx prefer that tools over MetaEditor coz CFx said "not a programmer yet".

:D

CFx:

You are NOT thinking from the standpoint of a NON-MQL programmer, are you? If you had read the OP, you would have seen where I already used TimeHour and TimeMinute sequentially. You would also have seen where I intentionally used TimeHour and TimeHour sequentially. Why? To fine out the behavior of MQL. That's one way that non-MQL programmers learn. If what's supposed to be the correct syntax does not work, then a non-programmer will at least try something else, to see if there is a difference in the output and hopefully learn something from that change. If I absolutely knew that TimeHour should precede TimeMinute, without question - then I would never have tried TimeHour and TimeHour sequentially.

Unfortunately, neither have worked in my installation of MT4.

I copy pasted your code from your post, the same post in which you were ranting about flawed datetime functions. Your example for why they were flawed included that code with the complaint that it did not work, i corrected it in an attempt to show you your mistakes. At no time in your post did you state or imply that you were deliberately posting code you knew would not work to "find out the behaviour of MQL"and to claim your original post explains why you did that in your later post is quite frankly, a bunch of baloney

onewithzachy:

Alright,

1. I did criticize you, because even that you admitted that you have lack of programming knowledge, you criticizing MQL. So where's your logic then ?, even with with small amount of knowledge - you think you're right about it - and that also show that you are indeed proud of yourself.

2. We all knows that trading logic is different world with programming logic. There's championship section, where you can see many trader and/or programmer are trying to "run both world in parallel", let alone combine both world into one. You can review them here https://championship.mql5.com// . That's why I said there's people smarter than you out there.

3. None of us get paid around here, it's a labor of love. Every week there's always a rookie come in and this week - I think - you're the star. So, if you don't mind - this is a polite request - there's a book about MQL4 https://book.mql4.com// - it's much more easier than MQL5 or even C++. Why don't you read that book, and when you finish reading it, you can always come back at anytime, and we're always willing to help you with your code.

regards

1) I did not know that you were a defender of MQL's 'emotional' state, or its public credibility.

2) Sure, there are people a lot smarter than me out there, but none of them have developed Delta Differential Class Indicators, that enable them to trade to a specified target of 15 to more than 50 pips per day, with 91-99 percent accuracy, have they?

3) Trading is not a labor of love for me, unfortunately. Trading is my business. It is how I make a living and grow capital for other projects in the future. Trading is a means to an end. This is not a hobby for me, and I had to make a choice - either I could spend my time learning a programing language such a MQL, or I could spend my time learning how to write trade logic. I chose the latter, as opposed to the former and that's the only reason why my programming skills are lacking. Fortunately, you don't need programming skills in order to grow capital - you do however, need to know how to write solid trade logic. Two completely different worlds that far too many software developers get confused.

4) There are others who have had problems with MQL syntax and/or definitions as well - I'm not the first. Definitions that are sometimes contradictory at best.

You strike me as one of those who sits behind a computer all day, on a trading platform's programing language "community" forum, believing that credibility resides in the number of posts you accumulate on such forums, as opposed to your ability to actually trade. Don't worry - there are plenty of programers out there with the same attitude, who can't grow a million dollar account to save their life. Thus, you are probably in very good company around here, if everyone thinks just like you.

Good day!

CFx:

Lovely, board. Just grand. Not to mention very useful. And, its existence makes very good sense - a place where MQL coders can one up each other, with cute code snippets.

I was told the purpose of this board was a place for programmers and non-programmers alike, to share MQL code, get help with MQL code, or otherwise offer something of value to the MQL community.

LOL, that's not what I found, here. What I found here, was arrogance, ego, hypocrisy and the total misunderstanding of Programing Logic -vs- Trade Logic.

You forgot to add, ....and mql coders who solved your problem for you and posted the code that does what you said you wanted to do, and while "one upping each other with cute code snippets" improved and optimized it for you too.

CFx:

1) I did not know that you were a defender of MQL's 'emotional' state, or its public credibility.

2) Sure, there are people a lot smarter than me out there, but none of them have developed Delta Differential Class Indicators, that enable them to trade to a specified target of 15 to more than 50 pips per day, with 91-99 percent accuracy, have they?

3) Trading is not a labor of love for me, unfortunately. Trading is my business. It is how I make a living and grow capital for other projects in the future. Trading is a means to an end. This is not a hobby for me, and I had to make a choice - either I could spend my time learning a programing language such a MQL, or I could spend my time learning how to write trade logic. I chose the latter, as opposed to the former and that's the only reason why my programming skills are lacking. Fortunately, you don't need programming skills in order to grow capital - you do however, need to know how to write solid trade logic. Two completely different worlds that far too many software developers get confused.

4) There are others who have had problems with MQL syntax and/or definitions as well - I'm not the first. Definitions that are sometimes contradictory at best.

You strike me as one of those who sits behind a computer all day, on a trading platform's programing language "community" forum, believing that credibility resides in the number of posts you accumulate on such forums, as opposed to your ability to actually trade. Don't worry - there are plenty of programers out there with the same attitude, who can't grow a million dollar account to save their life. Thus, you are probably in very good company around here, if everyone thinks just like you.

Good day!

Oh dear,

All of us here actually trader. If you read all post around here, it's all about beating up the market.

RaptorUK:

RaptorUK,

I initially posted a code segment to you, but that was meant for someone else.

The answer to your question is found in another post that I made earlier in the thread. The EA already prints to the Tester Journal. So, I can see what's being triggered. I already can see the output from each iCustom as well. Everything functions that way it should, except for these darn Time() functions. They are driving me nuts.

CFx:

This is input one (1) of seven (7) to the buy side of the trade signal.

And yet you can't answer a simple question . . . you came here for help, if you don't want it or no longer need it that's fine. If you still want help then it's a good idea to help us help you . . . I don't use Technical Indicators so I'm really not interested in your code. I only posted to this thread to try and help . . .

SDC:

I copy pasted your code from your post, the same post in which you were ranting about flawed datetime functions. Your example for why they were flawed included that code with the complaint that it did not work, i corrected it in an attempt to show you your mistakes. At no time in your post did you state or imply that you were deliberately posting code you knew would not work to "find out the behaviour of MQL"and to claim your original post explains why you did that in your later post is quite frankly, a bunch of baloney

This is input one (1) of seven (7) to the buy side of the trade signal. This iteration function is across 180 M1 bars (plus 36 M5 bars that you do not see). There are seven other iteration functions that are not shown, each of them having a *unique* timing sequence attached to the corresponding iCustom Mode. This is what provides "signal scanning" across multiple time-frames and multiple iCustom Modes, without generating circular logic errors. Simply plug-in the Timing() functions that the OP discusses and you have the baseline understanding of what this particular EA does.

Each input to the EA contains 180 interrogations (36 iterative interrogations for the M5 TF), culminating in a 14 input, 2,520 interrogation sequence over 3 hours (both buy and sell side). This EA is replica of just one (1) single input in my Excel prototype. So, this EA, would become a single Input into a larger EA design. Though it is capable of running on its own autonomously, its purpose is to scan a range of time for certain signals types.

At the bottom of the iteration sequence, you will note an integrated firing mechanism. This piece of code is the glue that connects one iteration sequence to another, and provides the seamless scanning functionality required by the Trade Logic.

Now, I can post the other seven (7) but I doubt that it would make any difference on this board. This is not your grandfathers cross-over "system." These tiny components come from a real integrated decision support trading platform, powered by Excel and a new kind of trade logic.

3 Hour Signal Scanner:

iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_M1,"iCustom_Delta_6", 10, 3, 3, 0, 25, 7, 20, 0, true,1,3) > iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_M1,"iCustom_Delta_6", 10, 3, 3, 0, 25, 7, 20, 0, true,1,2) && iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_M1,"iCustom_Delta_6", 10, 3, 3, 0, 25, 7, 20, 0, true,1,2) < iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_M1,"iCustom_Delta_8", 10, 3, 3, 0, 25, 7, 20, 0, true,1,1) || iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_M1,"iCustom_Delta_6", 10, 3, 3, 0, 25, 7, 20, 0, true,1,4) > iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_M1,"iCustom_Delta_10", 10, 3, 3, 0, 25, 7, 20, 0, true,1,3) && iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_M1,"iCustom_Delta_6", 10, 3, 3, 0, 25, 7, 20, 0, true,1,3) < iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_M1,"iCustom_Delta_6", 10, 3, 3, 0, 25, 7, 20, 0, true,1,2) ||

(For 180 iterations using a heuristic 3-2-2-1 pattern incremented by 1)

Buy Side Firing Mechanism:

((((iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_M1,"iCustom_Delta4", 10, 3, 3, 0, 25, 7, 20, 0, true,0,0) + iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_M1,"iCustom_Delta4", 10, 3, 3, 0, 25, 7, 20, 0, true,1,0)) / 2) + ((iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_M5,"iCustom_Delta4", 10, 3, 3, 0, 25, 7, 20, 0, true,0,0) + iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_M5,"iCustom_Delta7", 10, 3, 3, 0, 25, 7, 20, 0, true,1,0)) / 2) + ((iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_M15,"iCustom_Delta4", 10, 3, 3, 0, 25, 7, 20, 0, true,0,0) + iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_M15,"iCustom_Delta11", 10, 3, 3, 0, 25, 7, 20, 0, true,1,0)) / 2) + ((iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_M30,"iCustom_Delta4", 10, 3, 3, 0, 25, 7, 20, 0, true,0,0) + iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_M30,"iCustom_Delta13", 10, 3, 3, 0, 25, 7, 20, 0, true,1,0)) / 2) + ((iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_H1,"iCustom_Delta4", 10, 3, 3, 0, 25, 7, 20, 0, true,0,0) + iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_H1,"iCustom_Delta21", 10, 3, 3, 0, 25, 7, 20, 0, true,1,0)) / 2) + ((iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_H4,"iCustom_Delta4", 10, 3, 3, 0, 25, 7, 20, 0, true,0,0) + iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_H4,"iCustom_Delta23", 10, 3, 3, 0, 25, 7, 20, 0, true,1,0)) / 2) + ((iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_D1,"iCustom_Delta4", 10, 3, 3, 0, 25, 7, 20, 0, true,0,0) + iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_D1,"iCustom_Delta4", 10, 3, 3, 0, 25, 7, 20, 0, true,1,0)) / 2)) / 7) > 67

Once again, because you obviously don't read very well - I am not developing code from scratch. I am not an MQL programmer. I am an actual trader, who is figuring out whether or not certain elements of my prototype will work in the lower time frames. In order to do that, I have to test those elements in lower time frames. In order to do that, I have to design logic that I think will work in the lower time frames and in order to do that, I need to use MQL, or NinjaTrader, or EL, or something that will enable me to run the trade logic against real market data.

If I need to type "I AM NOT A PROGRAMMER" in my signature, I'll be glad to put it there for everyone to see. I have no problem with being MQL challenged, because I know that the VAST majority of MQL gurus are Trade Logic challenged. So, we can "talk shop" about what we "do not fully understand."

SDC:

You forgot to add, ....and mql coders who solved your problem for you and posted the code that does what you said you wanted to do, and while "one upping each other with cute code snippets" improved and optimized it for you too.

It does NOT work. The kind of mentality that would automatically assumed that it does work, is probably the same mentality that thinks it knows how to trade when it doesn't.
Reason: