OpenChart problems

Hi,

I m trying to open a second chart for my EA, but whan I call "ChartOpen(_symbol, _period);" in OnInit() function, the thing is that TWO charts are opened instead of only one.

Any idea about why?

Thanks in advance

jbru:

Hi,

I m trying to open a second chart for my EA, but whan I call "ChartOpen(_symbol, _period);" in OnInit() function, the thing is that TWO charts are opened instead of only one.

Any idea about why?

Thanks in advance

And so you have three charts instead of two charts ? Are you sure ? Because I try it and I have two charts, not three.

What operating system you use and what bit is it (32 - 64 bit) and what bit MT5 you running ?

phi.nuts:

And so you have three charts instead of two charts ? Are you sure ? Because I try it and I have two charts, not three.

What operating system you use and what bit is it (32 - 64 bit) and what bit MT5 you running ?

hi phi. Thanks for your answer. I'm using Windows XP 32 bits amd MT5 32. And yes, I have the original chart where EA is deployed, and two more.

But now I detected something. The EA uses M5 chart. If I deploy the EA on a H1 chart, then i get two more. If I deploy the EA on a 5M chart, then i get only one more, that is, the expected behavior.

And if I just run the EA from Metaeditor, I get always two more...

jbru:

hi phi. Thanks for your answer. I'm using Windows XP 32 bits amd MT5 32. And yes, I have the original chart where EA is deployed, and two more.

But now I detected something. The EA uses M5 chart. If I deploy the EA on a H1 chart, then i get two more. If I deploy the EA on a 5M chart, then i get only one more, that is, the expected behavior.

And if I just run the EA from Metaeditor, I get always two more...

Nope, it does not happen to my MT5 32 bit on all time frame but on Vista.

1. If you have original XP, run System File Checker for XP and restart afterward (you must restart) and don't interrupt you PC when running SFC.

run this on command prompt as admin : sfc /scannow & shutdown /r /t 2 

2. Then try again with blank EA that only have that code in OnInit() with empty chart that has no any indicators in it.

That's all I can help for now.

Reason: