Why does MT5 use system memory (RAM) to store all history and tester data?

Why does MT5 use system memory (RAM) to store all history and tester data. I run out of memory while performing bigger optimizations.

Is it possible to configure MT5 to use storage drive to store even temporary data like, optimization results even when the optimization is running and not RAM as it uses a lot of it.

I have dual core processor with 4 GB RAM and 1 TB HDD. 

AmitJamuda:

Why does MT5 use system memory (RAM) to store all history and tester data. I run out of memory while performing bigger optimizations.

Is it possible to configure MT5 to use storage drive to store even temporary data like, optimization results even when the optimization is running and not RAM as it uses a lot of it.

I have dual core processor with 4 GB RAM and 1 TB HDD. 

how many combinations do you have? I have 4GB ram too and have no issues.

doshur:
I also have 4 Gb but when several programs are opened I have ca. 1.5-1.0 Gb RAM free. It may be not enough.

doshur:
the total number of passes were more than 40 million. RAM maxed out and windows closed MT5 automatically. Huge loss of data!!!! If MT5 store the optimization results in HDD then it would not have been closed by windows automatically.

AmitJamuda:
the total number of passes were more than 40 million. RAM maxed out and windows closed MT5 automatically. Huge loss of data!!!! If MT5 store the optimization results in HDD then it would not have been closed by windows automatically.
When performing passes with every tick,mt5 copies or extracts large *.*tmp files in the temp folder in 'encryptedfolder\Agent-127.0.0.1-xxxx\temp. These can quickly fill even large hard drives. I think each is like 32mb. Are you sure this is not the problem?

ssn:
When performing passes with every tick,mt5 copies or extracts large *.*tmp files in the temp folder in 'encryptedfolder\Agent-127.0.0.1-xxxx\temp. These can quickly fill even large hard drives. I think each is like 32mb. Are you sure this is not the problem?
May be MQ should give user posibility to establish the pathway, where store results of optimisation. E.g. user may have 1000 Gb extern HDD and indicate store it there.

paladin800:
May be MQ should give user posibility to establish the pathway, where store results of optimisation. E.g. user may have 1000 Gb extern HDD and indicate store it there.
Yes that could be a good idea. But actually if you deleted these files after they are created, during testing, it would not affect the results/ accuracy of your test. So what may be more important for mt5 is managing or removing these files during a test.

AmitJamuda:
I guess you would like the MT5 Strategy Tester to try and keep up with the MT4 Strategy Tester,  it can't,  what do you think it would be like if it used HDD instead of RAM ?  do you know how much slower HDD is compared to RAM ?

AmitJamuda:

40 million? How much time is needed on this?

How many parameters are you using?

Just a side note if you have so many passes, you might be curve fitting the history. 

ssn:
I have almost 800GB free space in my hard drive.

AmitJamuda:
I have almost 800GB free space in my hard drive.

That makes no sense to optimize with 40 millions of combinations on 1 computer. How much time takes 1 pass ? Why aren't you using the Cloud with genetic algorithm ?

Anyway, as doshur said, are you sure you are not curve fitting your EA ?

Reason: