Statistics of a anti-grid like system - page 6

:-)

It's an uptrend, I want to buy. No, hang on, it's overbought, I want to sell. Argh! I guess there are no easy answers...

Why look at indicators? They are all based on informations you se on the chart. Sorry, but this discussion is over for me

Hahahahaha.... Hedge baby, hedge. If it goes up or down I close at a profit :)

Then I pray to to forex gods it goes the other way.

@ubzen, I guess you were joking, but a lot of people don't seem to realise that an equity curve can never go up if you have no net position (but it can go down by the spread).

@zzuegg, I suppose the answer to your question is that it is possible to make a profit by doing so. As well as being possible to make a profit without doing so.

zzuegg:
Why look at indicators? They are all based on informations you se on the chart. Sorry, but this discussion is over for me

My bad Zzuegg. Just having a little fun thats all. Anyways, I believe you have something unique there. If indeed your anti-grid locks a price chart within a range of 50-pips and will close at profit whenever price leaves this range to another 50-pips then you've found the Holy-grail my friend. Sure, you could experience big drawdowns if it stays within 50-pips range but Imo the range is too small to hold for an extended period of time. So, your chances are probably quite good. I wish you the best of luck.

@Elroch: of course I was joking. Preaching again. Just to clarify, when I talked about hedge in this thread, I was not referring to Perfect Hedge. I know your next comment is gonna go something like "well then why don't you close the offsetting positions" and the answer is because leaving them open makes the historical foot-prints easier within mt4. As Zzuegg pointed out within the above thread, keeping opposing positions open on same account and same pair is justified as in the case of running two different EA's on the same pair. If their pattens of orders leads to a Perfect Hedge, so-what it's what matters in the long run.

@ubzen, it looks like you think like me in principle about hedging. My usual disdain for hedging probably shows my tendency to forget about practicality.

Most important point is about running different EAs. Could involve a lot of rewriting of code to manage the exit orders if you want to run two or more strategies. Worst case is when you don't have access to the source code of one of the EAs. Then a separate account would be absolutely essential.

zzuegg, le he mandado un correo interno, pero espero que si no lo recibe y lee este mensaje, podamos entrar en contacto.

Dispongo desde setiembre del año 2008 de un programa en mt4, basado en el anti-grid, yo, lo llamo la "escalera de guevon".

Lo tengo bastante depurado, muy depurado diria yo, y lo unico que me falta es un tema relacionado con el corte... cuando cortar?

El tema del tamaño del escalon, esta solucionado, el tema de la volatilidad cambiante tambien esta solucionado, me falta ese unico tema que he comentado, el de las ganancias... cuando cortarlas?

Cuando pregunto cuando cortarlas es porque en estos momentos lo hago de forma instintiva y discrecional, pero me gustaria basarme en algo logico, y como te he leido sobre las formulas de las funciones cuadraticas y las funciones lineales, es uno de los caminos que yo nunca he intentado hacer.

Mi programa anti-grid es bidirecional, nunca tiene mas alla de un 12% de DD (Draw-dow), pero es un problema puesto que yo no se nunca como basarme en pararlo... lo tengo adaptado a la volatilidad actual del precio del par de divisas (el solo y automaticamente se adapta mientras va corriendo) .

En una palabra, si pudieramos cambiar impresiones, estoy seguro que los dos, ganariamos con ello.

mi correo es ramonredondo@hispavista.com

Un saludo muy cordial.

guevon:

zzuegg, I sent an email internally, but I hope that if it receives and reads this message, we may contact you.

DECREE since September 2008 in mt4 program, based on the anti-grid, I call it the "ladder Birdbrain".

I have it pretty sleek, I'd say very refined, and the only thing I'm missing is a topic related to the cut ... when cut?

The theme of the step size, this solved the issue of changing volatility is also solved, I need that one issue that I mentioned, the earnings ... when cut?

When asked when cut is because right now I do instinctively and discretion, but I would like to build on something logical, and as I read about the formulas of quadratic functions and linear functions, is one of the ways that I never I tried to do.

My anti-grid is bidirectional, has never beyond 12% of DD (Draw-dow), but it is a problem because I do not ever stop and build on ... I have adapted to the current volatility of the price of the currency pair (single and automatically adapts while runs out).

In short, if we could exchange ideas, I'm sure the two would win with it.

my email is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Best regards.

This is an English language Forum, please use English . . . and you might want to remove your email address unless you are a lover of SPAM and chips.

Sorry Mr moderator.

Will not happen again, I promise, my only concern was to contact the zzuegg forero will understand, my writing in English leaves much to be desired, you have to take into account four years rolling anti-grids and when I see someone who speaks coherently about it, because I'm excited.

I'm in a Spanish forum, my nick is Birdbrain, not birdbrain but "Birdbrain" which is very different, if I do not understand, since I am translating and only comes out Birdbrain and the translation of Birdbrain that's what I want to leave ...

Well, that said, I have closely followed the thread in which I will put this post, and my thought is that in that thread, Mr. zzuegg, is the only one who speaks coherently anti-grid systems ...

The first problem you encounter is the step size, the second problem is the change in price volatility, and the third problem (and most important benefit is the top), this last problem I'm hooked for over two years, and this is the problem which wanted to exchange views with the forero zzuegg ...

Currently, I cut discretionary benefits, but I'm tired of it, I would like to build on something logical, something that would have to have some logic, is my current despair ...

I have and I own experts who are at prigrama mt4 (continua...)

I have a program and I have mt4 experts running the anti-grid program automatically ... but because of my problem when cutting benefits (when cut?) ...

In this forum, I have seen comment as someone used the anti-grid functions, linear losses, quadratic benefits, and as trying them together (features) ...

I've seen that did not, but he was not badly misguided, I think that's the way ...

If they manage to get find the optimum point at which the linear function Y = X lost out converged with the gain function Y = X + (X-1) + (X-2) + (X. ..) .. .

That, that would be a good starting point from that point to put the right to limit gains.

Thank you very much for attention.

Best regards.

Reason: