Missing/lagged info in 'Experts' tab in Terminal. Time inconsistencies.

I'm doing some VERY time sensitive trading and the info in the 'Experts' tab in the MT4 terminal window itself is lagged (up to 12 hours) and sometimes doesn't have the most recent info including transpired trades that I need VERY accurate time logs of.
I'm finding that all other time sources of info in MT4 are relatively inaccurate compared to the 'Experts' Log. The trades in the 'Account History', 'Trade Journal' and on the trades on the charts themselves are often off by a few minutes
FYI: For some unknown reasons, my computer periodically sets itself to an hour off. All time correcting utilities just sync up to this erroneous time. It is not changing my time zone when it goes off by an hour. These do not just occur around the shifts of Day Light Savings time. These happen while running and not when re/booting.
,, Thanks for any and all assistance with these.

I'm finding that all other time sources of info in MT4 are relatively inaccurate compared to the 'Experts' Log. The trades in the 'Account History', 'Trade Journal' and on the trades on the charts themselves are often off by a few minutes

Some of those tabs are broker's time and some are local time.

FYI: For some unknown reasons, my computer periodically sets itself to an hour off. All time correcting utilities just sync up to this erroneous time. It is not changing my time zone when it goes off by an hour.

Make sure the Automatically Synchronize option is turned off on your Windows clock setting. Double click the clock and look on the internet time Tab (for windows xp).

ubzen:

Some of those tabs are broker's time and some are local time.

I don't think that is the problems: all of the times in MT4 are in the brokerage's time.

FYI: For some unknown reasons, my computer periodically sets itself to an hour off. All time correcting utilities just sync up to this erroneous time. It is not changing my time zone when it goes off by an hour.

Make sure the Automatically Synchronize option is turned off on your Windows clock setting. Double click the clock and look on the internet time Tab (for windows xp).

I don't know where this setting is in Vista, but can of course look. I'm not sure why this would have any influence over it as they are all taken from the server's times. Though the New Releases App that I am testing settings are taken from the computer in local time I'm actually using a time sync app because optimally I need to have time in sync on a global scale ideally within a few milliseconds. Ditto for brokers.

I have no idea why the 'Experts' log in the actual terminal tab which is by far the most accurate and what I need for 'postmortem' analysis is missing and way behind current activites. This is a crucial issue for me in this. I do remember CloudBreaker saying that then length of the logs and when they switch over to a new file is random with no access to the control over these. I don't really care when it closes off one log file and opens the next, this is a minor inconvenience, but not many hours of missing data and being behind up to 10 hours of current EA activities are not.

In my Experts tab all the times in the Time column are local time, these match up with all the times in the logs in my experts/logs folder . . . when I place an order and look at it in the Trade tab it has the Sever time in the Time column.

If you have something different please post some examples copied from the Tab and corresponding entry from the logs . . .

RaptorUK:

In my Experts tab all the times in the Time column are local time, these match up with all the times in the logs in my experts/logs folder . . . when I place an order and look at it in the Trade tab it has the Sever time in the Time column.

If you have something different please post some examples copied from the Tab and corresponding entry from the logs . . .

When I have some current enough trades I'll check this, you may very well be right. However this is a moot point for the requirements as regardless of which elements utilize what time offsets, the problem is not having the VERY ACCURATE times of the trades that I am finding ONLY exists in the Experts tab, still persists. The variation between the Active Trades, Account History, and the Journal tabs, as well as the trades shown on the charts themselves are to inaccurate for these purposes. These can typically be off by a few minutes when seconds is to much of an error for this type of trading. One such EA in particular only decides in the very last seconds if it is going to place the pending trades or delete them. Regardless of what time shifts are utilized by which elements, the only data accurate enough exists in the 'Experts' tab and I am finding huge chunks of it missing and not having the information on the trades that I need.

Thus my goal and need is that ALL trading information that pertains directly to the placement of orders made by any EA are all logged into the Experts tab and logs. I don't know why it wouldn't be, but it isn't and I need it.

RaptorUK:

Re: Various time zones in the Terminal:

My active trades and account history are both in server time.

The Journal and the Experts tab are in local time.

But as I said, this is not my issue and problem. The most accurate info on actual trade events missing in the experts tab is the problem. It seems VERY strange to me that this should even occur. Hopefully this is a problem of me missing something and not MT4 not actually having the data.

FourX:

The most accurate info on actual trade events missing in the experts tab is the problem.

Does your EA actually Print trade info ? otherwise how would it be expected to be in the Experts tab ?

Maybe I am missing something . . . .

RaptorUK:

Does your EA actually Print trade info ? otherwise how would it be expected to be in the Experts tab ?

Maybe I am missing something . . . .

Hi Raptor.

Yes, sometimes it is there, at least from the very time sensitive EA that I have been doing some post trade analysis of the trades when it actually contains this information. This is how I found out about the trading time inconsistencies and errors between various elements, records and logs in the MT4 Terminal in the first place. What especially puzzles me is the absence and lag of up to 12 hours of missing data and information. I also checked the 'Experts' tab Log files and likewise found missing data from trades that this EA did that prints to the experts tab and log files. It appears that MT4 deletes log files after a week or two on a FIFO stack basis.

I'm working on some generic functions at the moment for sizing trades and placing orders, I should be adding them to an old EA I have in the next couple of days for testing purposes . . . I'll keep an eye out for this kind of issue and let you know what I find.

One question, do you know if MT4 will still write to the log file if you have it open ?

RaptorUK: One question, do you know if MT4 will still write to the log file if you have it open ?

Hi Raptor,

No I don't. In most such instances in Windows, their is usually a data &/or security contention. Won't take much to find out though: try it and see?

Reason: