SMS messages and MT4

Hello again

I'm looking for a solution to sent SMS text messages from my EA to my mobile phone ?

Has anybody some experience with this? A tip ? A possible solution ?

Thanks.

MT4 can send emails. Most mobile phone providers will give you an email address to receive mail. something like

<yourphonenumber>@<something>.<yourphonecompany>.com

Ask your phone company how exactly to send mails to your mobile phone.

This will reduce your problem to "how to send email with MT4". There are plenty of tutorials.

If you want a real SMS (and not just a simple email mail to the phone) then there exist mail to sms gateways but none of them are free (the free ones are unreliable).

7bit:

MT4 can send emails. Most mobile phone providers will give you an email address to receive mail. something like

<yourphonenumber>@<something>.<yourphonecompany>.com

Ask your phone company how exactly to send mails to your mobile phone.

This will reduce your problem to "how to send email with MT4". There are plenty of tutorials.

If you want a real SMS (and not just a simple email mail to the phone) then there exist mail to sms gateways but none of them are free (the free ones are unreliable).

Thanks for your comment.

I'm aware of the e-mail to sms service. But somehow I was curious to find out if there is a more direct solution available for this issue.

But thanks for the confirmation, I appreciate it.

Have a nice Sunday.

There is still one more possibility:

If you have an unused but still working phone you could install the drivers for this phone and connect it with usb or infrared or bluetooth to the PC. This should give you a virtual com port with a modem connected to it. (the phone will emulate a virtual modem that appears to be connected to a virtual com port which you can use as if it were a real modem (with additional commands to do more than just dialing)).

Then write a little dll that will send the appropriate AT commands to the phone modem to either dial a number or send an sms (or do other funny things with the phone). Import the dll from mql4 and you can send real SMS and even initiate regular phone calls.

I haven't done anything of the above myself, I only write what should theoretically possible if things still work the way how they used to work 10 years ago (this is all only IIRC!).

I am using EA open position then send the SMS to my mobile phone . Very simple. No need dll. Using Email to SMS method.

1) Refer to SMS Service Provider https://www.mdtechcorp.com/sms/indexRE.jsp?l=e&mid=0

2) Select Email to SMS, use the Format 2 method .

3) In EA - SendMail("","This content is plain text or html") ;

JuergZimmermann:

Thanks for your comment.

I'm aware of the e-mail to sms service. But somehow I was curious to find out if there is a more direct solution available for this issue.

But thanks for the confirmation, I appreciate it.

Have a nice Sunday.

Hi

I believe enough people have described how you can send an SMS from your EA to your mobile phone. It is really easy, takes 5 minutes to setup (once you know what settings to put in). I have just done it today.

The EA will send an email to your email provider in CODE (look at SendMail). You can then set a filter on your email provider (e.g. gawab.com) to automatically forward the email to your mobile phone. The message will go straight through to your handset.

You need to know 1) the smtp server settings for your email provider 2) the email address that corresponds to your mobile number, e.g., "01234556@cablewireless.com"

As regards free email to sms gateway providers, just because its free does not mean its unreliable. E.g. Google allows you to forward to a different email address.

HarriMQL4:

You can then set a filter on your email provider (e.g. gawab.com) to automatically forward the email to your mobile phone.

You can send it directly to the phone (and not to the mail account) by putting the mobile phone address into the "To"-field.

That is what this field is meant for.

No need to setup any forwarding anywhere.

HarriMQL4: Google allows you to forward to a different email address.

What has forwarding to another mail to do with SMS? I was talking about mail2sms gateways.

JuergZimmermann:

Hello again

I'm looking for a solution to sent SMS text messages from my EA to my mobile phone ?

Has anybody some experience with this? A tip ? A possible solution ?

Thanks.

Another possible sms solution that purposely created for MT4.

http://sg.88db.com/sg/Views/postDetails.aspx?PostID=2581392

Hello. Here is the discussion about SMS service based on MQL5 account initiated by MT developers.

Just vote if you are interested in. The cost of 1 sms will depend of country.

Here are the cases:

- Yes, I will use commercial service

- I will use only free service, not commercial

- I have other ways to receive messages

- I propose another way . I will describe it in the comment.

Feel free to participate ;) it seems the discussion is available only at russian part of the forum.

Renat:

Никаких проблем с MQL4 нет, можем и для MetaTrader 4 информирование терминала + SendSMS команду в MQL4 сделать, но нужно будет иметь рабочий аккаунт в MQL5.community (ибо только там расчетная часть есть).

It can be embedded directly into MT4 -- SendSMS command in MQL4.

If we extend this, I would like to receive either SMS or Email on my Mobilephone with screen shot of the chart. I use to work with fibonacci, it would be nice to have a picture of the chart when it reach each fibonacci level.

BTW, over here the SMS provider suck big time, the delay can be days, not minute.

Reason: