can you place a trade in metatrader 4 without depositing money yet

I didn't know if they had a play money acct feature, all i see is a grayed out box where it says "new trade" so i can't use that button.

You need to get a demo account with a forex broker. You'll find that many brokers use their own version of MetaTrader 4. I use MB Trading, many people use Alpari. There are lots of others to choose from. The demo account is free, and they'll provide a login, password, and a version of MT4 that is modified to work with their services. MB Trading released build 399 of MT4 a few days ago. In my experience they are great at keeping up with the folks at MetaQuotes in terms of software updates.

MB Trading also allows for opening a live trading account with only $400. I can't say trading an account that small is a good idea, though. They are a US based broker, so there is no hedging allowed. They leverage at 50:1 so you can trade a full lot with $2000 USD. Better to trade mini-lots with an account that small though. They are an ECN broker, so your spreads are a function of market conditions, they are not fixed but they tend to be smaller than with dealing desk brokers. They also pay you if you trade with limit orders instead of market orders. This can really help to beat the spread.

I like MB Trading and recommend them. I have yet to trade a live account with them, however.

i downloaded the mb trader, but the thing is, i still can't get it to place a trade in there, the button's no longer grayed out, but it always gives me some error like wrong parameters, etc.

cyndarelli:
i downloaded the mb trader, but the thing is, i still can't get it to place a trade in there, the button's no longer grayed out, but it always gives me some error like wrong parameters, etc.
To demo trade with unlimited use try Smart Live Markets. UK based Spread Bet firm. You can trade as live in this Demo

What are the errors, exactly?

cyndarelli:
If your in the UK to use MB trading you may need to route through a server that is compatible. Well that's what they said to me, to much hassle and if you are in the UK you can get better service here.

oh i called them and they said the reason it was giving me the error is it wouldn't work until later in the day when it was activated.

Omega watches breitling for bentley breitling navitimer

Reason: