About Integrated Development Environments

Would the popular Advanced IDE's allow highlighting of User Defined Functions and Importing mql documentations? Could a seasoned programmer recommend a good one.

i remember that notepad+ was listed in a recommandation. but i assume you want something "bigger".

I'll check out Notepad+. I have Visual Studio's on my mind.. I don't know why. Yes, I want something bigger with tons of features but resourceful. Having flowcharting and debugging would be a plus. But the 2 options in my original question is necessary, or I wouldn't bother downloading it.

Why not simply try it? An IDE for C that deserves its name should be able parse #include and parse all included files and give autocompletion and calltips on all functions it has found.

I would probably start these experiments with Eclipse since (although I am not a C programmer) I am pretty sure it should have a pretty decent C/C++ plugin. Eclipse usually tends to blow most competing IDEs out of the water in many of the more popular programming languages, so I simply assume this is the case for C and/or C++ also.

Wanted to know if IDE's do what I wanted b4 playing around with them. Thanks for the tip.

Added: I hear mql# is similar to C++, does that mean C/C++ intended IDE's would be more compatible?

ubzen:

Wanted to know if IDE's do what I wanted b4 playing around with them. Thanks for the tip.

Added: I hear mql# is similar to C++, does that mean C/C++ intended IDE's would be more compatible?

Yes. Exactly this i what I meant with trying the C++ plugin for eclipse or one of the other available C++ IDEs (or use one of these as a starting point and then modify/configure it until it does what you need)

As a java developer i also can recommend Eclipse, there are plugins for nearly everything.

I assume that the default autocompletion does not work but as 7bit said the included stuff should work.

Of course you will have to play around a while to get compiler ecc. working.

http://www.eclipse.org/cdt/

Ok.. thanks guys. I have enough to go on now :)

Does anyone have a complete list of mql's commands and parameters? I'm trying to customize my Notepad++. I've already included CB's ( Alphabetic Index of MQL4 Functions) and looking for more. I suspect anyone who've tried to customize an IDE with mql4 commands have gone through this and that's why I'm asking.

Here's a look at what I've got. It's pretty cool and I should have been playing around with this a while ago :)

There is a plugin for eclipse located here

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=328326

not sure if I can post that link on this forum.

Reason: