Multiple charts not updating at every tick, missing entries

Hi,

My EA trades 10 pairs simultaneously, I have all 10 charts open and run the expert on the first chart. It checks the values of all 10 pairs during every pass through start(), but i noticed that it frequently misses entry and exit points when the price only barely touches a value (only for the other 9 charts).

My question is, is only the primary chart updated at every tick (accounting for lag)? It seems like it misses some ticks of the other charts (recording the data i see for example that it never reaches the low which is displayed on the MetaTrader chart).

I was thinking of using iLow / iHigh vs. iClose or the best bet would be to add pending orders / SL & TP instead of waiting for an entry / exit to be hit. Anyone dealt with this issue before?

thanks.

The start function gets only called when a new tick arrives at the pair you have attached the EA.

You can also use a endless loop with Sleep() statement and check the pairs every x milliseconds.

Of course, didn't even think of that. I always assumed the EA needed to exit as soon as possible in fear of eating up too many cpu cycles and thus preventing the charts from updating again. Thanks for the tip!
Reason: