Drawing/Coloring coding help requested

I am trying to color fully the area between two lines in a similar fashion as the Ichimoku cloud,for example, and to do this without hiding the candles.

The Ichimoku Kinko Hyo indicator, found in the "non-programed" Indicators folder, does this if one select the largest width but I have not found the drawing style that allows to color the area completely in the higher magnifications. I also run into the problem that the DRAW_HISTOGRAM and DRAW_ZIGZAG cover the candles making them invisible.

Is there an easy way to achieve this?

Thanks,

No easy way.

phy:

No easy way.

Thanks phy. Do you know how it is done in Ichimoku Kinko Hyo "non custom" indicator or how can I find out ?

Blessings,

Some of the non-custom indicators have magic in them not available to common man.

I've colored backgrounds by drawing rectangles between each bar.

Ichimoku is also available as a custom indicator to allow you to see the magic. If it's not in your terminal, it's in the codebase somewhere...The cloud has a couple of buffers for the histogram.... Also, try right clicking the chart, pull up properties, common tab and then click chart on foreground. Price will stay visible over indicator drawings... hope that's what you mean

V

Viffer:

Ichimoku is also available as a custom indicator to allow you to see the magic. If it's not in your terminal, it's in the codebase somewhere...The cloud has a couple of buffers for the histogram.... Also, try right clicking the chart, pull up properties, common tab and then click chart on foreground. Price will stay visible over indicator drawings... hope that's what you mean

V

Thanks Viffer. The properties/common/foreground is exactly what I needed to make the candles visible.

About the full coloring, I have used the Ichimoku type of code to do it. It works exept for the last couple of enlargements. It is just an aesthetic issue at this point but I was hoping there was a style available because the edges are not smooth ( they look like steps).

Thanks again, you solved my biggest issue: seeing the candles.

Blessings,

Oh, my mistake, it is the subwindow where Histogram can't do what it did in the main window for ichimoku

Reason: