Difficulty with pairs other than EURUSD GBPUSD

Why am I finding it so difficult to get a good equity curve on any pair other than EUR/USD and GBP/USD?

Has anyone else experienced this? GBP/USD is 4 pip spread and some others are lower than that so it's not the spread that is the problem.

Perhaps I just only know strategies for these two and need to work on something different, but I feel like the charts are so similar... it doesn't make sense!

LB

I dont know any two pairs where the 'harmonics' are the same...

The charts may look similar on certain zoom outs but the detail behaviour at the points of decision will be totally different

Be happy the system works on one pair let alone two!

Of course we haven't seen what 'good' means in your context :)

-BB-

Yeah BB, it's hard to know what my standards are, but I'm not looking for perfection yet. I just want to find out what part of my systems doesn't jive with them. Whether it's the entries or the ATR MM or what. Thanks for your reply though, I'm glad to know they have a different 'feel'. Still doesn't explain why so many systems work on EUR/USD like a charm. Is it just the vanilla of charts?

LBranjord:

...Still doesn't explain why so many systems work on EUR/USD like a charm. Is it just the vanilla of charts?

No mystery:-
1) The sheer volume of trade in EURUSD dampens some of the spikiness found in other pairs - see pic below
2) It has a wide range of hourly activity - helps those who haven't thought about market sessions...!
3) Spreads are typically low so that variation in spread is less which reduces false signals a bit
4) It responds quite well to some of the standard indicators (MACD, RSI, Bolli Bands)
5) It generally has enough daily activity to drive most systems through the year - pure trend followers excepted

-BB-

Reason: