Free EA - SteadyWinner V3 - page 2

ubzen:

How is it that his record from January shows the same #or trades as your record from April. Did it wait til April to start placing trades? I verified that I'm using version_3 it's the only version I see attached in this post " SteadyWinnerV3forSmallAccounts.zip". So, this time I downloaded the data from the Meta-Quotes server (we all have access to that one) and my test looks ridiculously different. Not to mention, I have allot of error 4101. Which means the programmer didn't take the time to code if broker have 2,3,4 or 5 digit pricing.

Let's just say it's a data and difference between broker's issue. The OP sounds like a reasonable person and is taking the time to defend his EA. However, I still don't think this is something someone should purchase. If someone wants a demo EA for the rest of their life, I'll be happy to recommend this one. Yet, that person would learn nothing from the EA as the codes are not provided.

Hi, ubzen

Please read my webpage, and you know that I consider myself a trader, not a programmer, nor an EA seller. I write EA for myself. I use FXDD, a traditional 4 digit account. I can only provide the ex4 for demo version, but if you pay $28, you will get the mq4 file. It is less than 1 pip we trade every day, isn't it? I don't think that is not reasonable. At this stage of mq4 technology, there is no way one can really protect his EA. When I give out ex4, to many people it is like getting mq4. It does not make sense selling EAs. Therefore, I make it a piece of shareware. It is free in the beginning, when people like it, they can give a small donation to encorage the coder to develop a better version. I am willing to share, but just to a reasonable extent.

I know many people are reasonable. They pay me even if they can hire somebody to decompile the EA for 10 dollars. I know some senior members in some forums pay a coder even after they have the mq4 decoded. It is because they respect the author and think he or she desrves encouragement for their good work.

Also, I know that there are many diffrerent kinds of brokers, and thier data are different. That's why I ask users to test it themselves. If the EA does not work on a broker, they can write to me and I will test it myself and try to improve. I have no claim that the EA can be universal and is always winning.

A programmer is now helping to revise the codes. So, next version will be more professional. I use V4 myself and is developing V5. I am going to share them as well.

I received a lot suggestions and help from users and I am grateful to them.

steadywinner:

Hi, ubzen

Please read my webpage, and you know that I consider myself a trader, not a programmer, nor an EA seller. I write EA for myself. I use FXDD, a traditional 4 digit account. I can only provide the ex4 for demo version, but if you pay $28, you will get the mq4 file. It is less than 1 pip we trade every day, isn't it? I don't think that is not reasonable. At this stage of mq4 technology, there is no way one can really protect his EA. When I give out ex4, to many people it is like getting mq4. It does not make sense selling EAs. Therefore, I make it a piece of shareware. It is free in the beginning, when people like it, they can give a small donation to encorage the coder to develop a better version. I am willing to share, but just to a reasonable extent.

I know many people are reasonable. They pay me even if they can hire somebody to decompile the EA for 10 dollars. I know some senior members in some forums pay a coder even after they have the mq4 decoded. It is because they respect the author and think he or she desrves encouragement for their good work.

Also, I know that there are many diffrerent kinds of brokers, and thier data are different. That's why I ask users to test it themselves. If the EA does not work on a broker, they can write to me and I will test it myself and try to improve. I have no claim that the EA can be universal and is always winning.

A programmer is now helping to revise the codes. So, next version will be more professional. I use V4 myself and is developing V5. I am going to share them as well.

I received a lot suggestions and help from users and I am grateful to them.

Attached is a detailed report from Jan to June.
Files:
v3froms2010.zip  21 kb

Think at this point, we're all just saying the same thing. I did read your website b4 running the first test. The results on my test were so bad that I decided to warn people about purchasing. You're selling an EA with no promises. I'm telling people not to purchase it. Obviously, we're not going to see eye-to-eye on that part. However, I like your business model. Trial-ware and If it works for you then you may consider purchasing. I agree with your ethical view about people in general. IMO if someone is making Real $$$ with a free EA, after a period or time, they'll feel guilty and send you a $28 check. However, other people WILL run this on a Live account without even doing a back-test and blow away far more than $28 and say "OMG the creator tricked me". Those are the people I'm warning. I realize us going back and forth about this program does more to sell it then otherwise. So this would be my last post on the topic.

ubzen:
Think at this point, we're all just saying the same thing. I did read your website b4 running the first test. The results on my test were so bad that I decided to warn people about purchasing. You're selling an EA with no promises. I'm telling people not to purchase it. Obviously, we're not going to see eye-to-eye on that part. However, I like your business model. Trial-ware and If it works for you then you may consider purchasing. I agree with your ethical view about people in general. IMO if someone is making Real $$$ with a free EA, after a period or time, they'll feel guilty and send you a $28 check. However, other people WILL run this on a Live account without even doing a back-test and blow away far more than $28 and say "OMG the creator tricked me". Those are the people I'm warning. I realize us going back and forth about this program does more to sell it then otherwise. So this would be my last post on the topic.

Thank you for your reminder. I have also suffered from the same problem for many years. There seems to be no accurate backtest in MetaTrader. A few years ago, I started to develop an EA, and I backtest it and it seems to be good. So I put it on my demo and then live account. I faced some losing trades and I thought they are just drawdwons. Eventually, I lost half of my account before I realized that it was not a profitable EA.

Since then, I have tried to collect information about backtesting. I have got a long article with two parts. I don't know it is copyrighted or not, so I cannot share it here. (Anyone can pm me and I will send it to you.) The rough idea is that data feeding is most essential in backtesing. And we cannot use our trading account to do backtesting because the data will be changed by the brokers. So we need to use a disconnected metatrader. and input historical data downloaded from reliable source, such as Alpari UK.

But it is still a common belief that backtesting is not reliable. At most it can show that the EA can operate. The only reliable way is to do forward tests. Also, when doing forward tests, a demo account is not reliable, we must try it out with real money because the data in the demo account is different from the live account.

I follow all these. I have used my own money to test my EAs for 4 years. But even you show people live statements, they do not believe because some scammers can create "doctored" statements. So, eventually no one can belief anyone in the EA selling bussiness. The best way is to develop EAs yourself.

I also follow this, I stop buying EAs and trading systems, and try to develop my own. I make no promises because I am 100% honest. There is always a kind of skepticism thinking that it is impossible to make a profitable EA in the long run, and I am also one of the believers. The marketing is always changing. Who can say he or she can be always winning? An EA good for this year may not be good in the next year. EAs come and go. How many of them left? I coded my EA just in the hope that it can last longer.

I think it is sensible not to believe others easily.

steadywinner:

I am the coder of SteadyWinner. V3 (for small Accounts) is now released.

V3 has a lot of improvement and is more profitable.

V2: stoploss=200, takeprofit=50, trailing stop=20, trading 2% and 4% of the account balance

V3: stoploss=50, takeprofit=12, trailing stop=10, tradng only 2% of the account balance

Please visit http://steadywinner.mipropia.com to read the trading principles and other details.

Any questions or suggestuons, please write to steadywinner@gmail.com

V3 backtest result from 1999 t0 2010

Please download V3 for Small Accounts.

You see, after the losing cycle, it is up again.

This new version can work on ECN accounts and all other accounts.

model Every ticks / FXCM / 2009-2010

not good... :(

sergeev:

model Every ticks / FXCM / 2009-2010

not good... :(

I do not like links back to a website to sell your EA on this forum, especially if you do not provide the code. That's the whole point here. If you must advertise, go somewhere else. This site is for those who wish to learn, IMO anyway.

Plus I have to say your EA is not at all impressive. I've been at this for only a few weeks now and could make an EA with that equity curve in roughly 20 minutes flat.

The only thing that I can say is that this EA is interesting... I will test forward for a while an then I think that the price is affordable to get the full version, maybe we can optimize the code together. I ran the backtest from jan 2007 till may 2010 and the result is shown. I tested even in daily, H4, H1 and 30M... it looks to work always. The graph is referred to a 30M chart. Good luck!

Remember to test with an error free chart each EA, n/a or 25% it's not a good test.
Reason: