MutiAccount Client: Are Trades, EAs & Trailing Stop Loss active on the server once activated, or are they only computed on the MT client at all times?

As many do, I have multiple demo accounts on the go at once. Lately I've been having problems with them crashing, so have been removing & reinstalling them etc.

I have a 'Multi-Account' MT4 client which gives one a single, centralized view of the current state of all of the multiple accounts; but is not well implemented for actual trading. Rather than going back to multiple discrete MT4 clients for each account, I am now using the Multi-Account client and one discrete MT4 client with all of the accounts on both of them. Thus I just switch accounts on the single MT4 client to administer all of the accounts, rather than having a dozen or so of them.

So I'm wondering if EAs will operate correctly without them all always active in separate active clients and in constant connection with the server for each account?.

The query about Trailing Stop Losses is relevant regardless of the Multi-Account client:

Is a Trailing Stop Loss monitored, computed and carried out only on the client or the in server under both of the following conditions:

1) Before their is enough profit to activate the TSL?

2) What about once there is enough profit on a trade to 'activate' the TSL?

FourX:

So I'm wondering if EAs will operate correctly without them all always active in separate active clients and in constant connection with the server for each account?.

The majority won't.

Is a Trailing Stop Loss monitored, computed and carried out only on the client or the in server [...]

The Terminal's TSL is computed and managed client-side.

gordon:
The majority won't.

The Terminal's TSL is computed and managed client-side.

I kind of figured that they likely were, especially the TSL.

But so far from my observations, actions such as modifying an order to things like the TSL level, they seem to having been computed and communicate and carry out the pending actions as soon as they get logged on. If and when I can get an EA handling and carrying out this task constantly as opposed to me manually cycling through them occasionally, it will give me a more accurate idea of what is transpiring. This might be just fine for R&D forward testing demo accounts but keeping a dedicated client for my Live account seems prudent.

The downfall of using a MultiAccount client to monitor trades and then rotate through all of the accounts in a separate, single MT4 client is the lack of control over the EAs when they aren't logged into a particular account. It will likely scan thought them fast enough to be OK for some trading activities. But for actions that happen at set intervals, such as the changing of the bar every hour on the hour in 1 hour charts that the EA is supposed to carry out specific actions then is questionable.

So far I haven't been able to get any of the EAs to do this as it's supposed to: like opening or closing trades only on the hour, so those would be just fine as it now stands. But if and when I get them to carry out set actions at specific times as they are supposed to. then.....

I'm wondering if this technique would be accurate enough for forward testing numerous EA R&D?

There are problems with delays and excessive latency as it is.

If I have a number of different clients open at once, even though they all have to compete for the computers resources, I think that they all have a separate web communication channel or port dedicated to each terminal. But if rotating through numerous accounts, then obviously only one at any given time is going to have communications only when that particular account is logged on.

gordon:
The majority won't. The Terminal's TSL is computed and managed client-side.

When I cycle through different accounts in one MT4 client, the trading profiles are not changing with them. The profile of active charts stays the same as the one that was active when I first Logged On. The trades that are shown in the MutiAccount terminal seems to bear this out. It seems that all of the accounts continue to trade, but all on the same profile. I'll have to do more investigation and observations to confirm this, but it makes sense. Obviously, this doesn't really achieve anything, or at least not what I am trying to achieve.

Do unless I can find a way to rotate and change to each unique chart profile that is associated to a specific account, then this is certainly won't achieve my goal of running numerous (demo) accounts from only one client.

I'm thinking that they SHOULD be a way to make an EA that is controlling and changes to a different account number once the one it is currently in is not active and is just idling. I don't know if there is a programmable function to evoke chart profiles.

Reason: