Profitable Platform crashing

We have 4 live accounts with a broker who will not be named for legal reasons (a major one). Of the 4 accounts, they are trading the same EA but one is more aggressive. The aggressive one is up about 5% (was I should say). The others are flat, as they have just started last few days. The profitable account (flat accounts have open drawdown) is crashing. It was 'solved' by reinstalling mt4 in the same folder. The unusual part is ONLY the profitable account was crashing, both on our trading server and locally in our office. The first thought is something with the environment, but we have the same issue in 2 different environments: XP and WS2003.

Anyone have this problem?

It would be disregarded as environment issue but problem was ONLY with 1 of the 4 accounts. When the platform crashes, of course EA does not trade correctly, even if it's re-installed the EA will not pick up the old trades and thus we will realize a loss because of this issue.

Also, anyone know of any MT optimization (such as shutting down certain features) to increase performance of the terminal?

To cut down on memory - lower 'Max bars in chart' (Tools > Options > Charts) and close all unnecessary charts (restart the Terminal after doing so). To cut down on CPU - optimize your code...

The broker has no need or reason to resort to sending kill pills to your metatrader installation, they already have all the tools they need to prevent/reduce your trading capacities through the usual spread widening, order requoting, stop_level changes, etc - the list goes on and on. Remember metaquotes' customers are the brokers, not us, we don't pay their electric bills, so no shortage of "features" on their end of the support contract ;)

1005phillip:

The broker has no need or reason to resort to sending kill pills to your metatrader installation [...]

They can't do that. Enough with the silly conspiracy theories. If they had such abilities we would already know about it. Impossible to keep it a secret.

gordon:
They can't do that. Enough with the silly conspiracy theories. If they had such abilities we would already know about it. Impossible to keep it a secret.

Seconded.

And I've never seen terminal.exe crash without it being related to an EA or indicator which uses a DLL file.

gordon:

see the attachements...for stophunting...so called broker sent spikes...

We all know about stop-hunting. And most of us know how to protect ourselves against it.

That's not what Gordon is referring to. There is no facility in the MT4 Client-Server protocol for the server manager to instigate a client platform crash.

CB

cloudbreaker:

We all know about stop-hunting. And most of us know how to protect ourselves against it.

That's not what Gordon is referring to. There is no facility in the MT4 Client-Server protocol for the server manager to instigate a client platform crash.

CB

Please explain, how to protect than from stophunting?

eliteeservices:

The unusual part is ONLY the profitable account was crashing, both on our trading server and locally in our office. The first thought is something with the environment, but we have the same issue in 2 different environments: XP and WS2003.

There is nothing unusual about it. Being profitable means it has gone down a different path from the others which are not profitable, and therein lies a potential cause/source of the problem.

I know how mt4 is being selling ther is lot's of for brokers kriminal and they cn stop ip's but they usually can just start programm for stop good quoating (this is the worst i think) as for alpari i think they usually make this on fridays and i think if you are really profitable they start this programm after you so if you want to catch lot's of money open different account on different names and never work with brokers as instaforex masterforex and soon cheating forex (all writtin below is my own opinion and it can be untrue) sorry my english

Jay007:
Please explain, how to protect than from stophunting?

Don't disclose your stops to the broker. Set decoy stops in your orders and manage the real stops within your EA. Note however, that this introduces the need for high availability of your client platform.

CB

Reason: