Trading without a stop loss - page 4

RaptorUK:
Yes,  but when someone says "trading without a stop loss" do they mean trading without setting a SL or do they mean having no method of exiting a trade when it is in drawdown other than a margin call ?  it important to understand the question being asked  

You are correct.

Beside this, i really meant SL (the tool) for stopping a losing position (below entry point for a Long position, above entry point for a Short Position), but also the SL for the opposite purpose (above the entry point for Long positions, and below the entry point for Short positions): in other words: Trailing Stop (it is a SL of course) :)

tonny:
You can successfully trade without stop loss but not in the long run. Do you believe you can trade 5 years without stop loss and survive? One day you'll open a trade and it immediately goes in the opposite direction and never comes back till almost all your money is eaten.
Tonny Thanks,This is true . But not only these.I to prevent big losses of currency to another currency is used to correlate 

RaptorUK:
There are many methods of exiting a trade other than a SL,  aren't there ?
This raptor must always find a way to disagree with me must be personal

noorad2000:
Tonny Thanks,This is true . But not only these.I to prevent big losses of currency to another currency is used to correlate 
No currencies move 100% the same way or even if they move the same way you could find one is making bigger movements than the other.

tonny:
This raptor must always find a way to disagree with me must be personal

Stop being paranoid . . .  I wasn't agreeing or disagreeing simply asking a question,  that is what the  ?  means.  You can choose not to answer,  agree, disagree or give your own opinion.

You said . . .

tonny:
You can successfully trade without stop loss but not in the long run.

. . hence my question.  You said stop loss,  did you mean setting a SL or did you mean any kind of order exit when in DD ?

noorad2000: Tonny Thanks,This is true . But not only these.I to prevent big losses of currency to another currency is used to correlate 
Wonderful. I like the way you think.

tonny: No currencies move 100% the same way or even if they move the same way you could find one is making bigger movements than the other.
100% movement last time I checked was not the purpose of diversification. If someone wanted 100% same movement, they'll just buy & sell the same instrument.

How a person decides to close their order is totally their business. I don't think anyone can tell someone else that if you use stops you'll reduce your risk. This person might increase their risk depending upon the trading strategies. Most people say use stop-loss but never how-much stop-loss. Then they say too-close is bad for you. Then they say too-far is bad for you. If someone believe in their stop-loss method, then code it, run it through all data, look at the result and smile. If their answer is Optimize-Crank then ...

Your best stop is your account-equity. If you cannot afford to lose it, don't leave it in the account.

Lets see signal result for everyone arguing here supporting no sl

tonny: Lets see signal result for everyone arguing here supporting no sl
Always missing the point. No one here argues no-stop-loss. It's the developers/trader's choice. It could cut both ways. Perhaps you should tell her your stop-loss, let her put it within her simulation and let her show what comes out. But I don't think thats gonna end well.
Reason: