Is there any traders here who trade anything other than forex?

MT5 platform is designed to be used with all sorts of instruments, including stock markets. Like many I'm mostly accustomed with forex, it would be interesting to know the experience of traders traders using others markets, as well as any characteristics that must be considered.

yes, only forex and metals (Gold only)

Shunmas:
yes, only forex and metals (Gold only)
There is no great difference between trading Forex and Gold I think. Quotation is 1 ounce, right ?

angevoyageur:
MT5 platform is designed to be used with all sorts of instruments, including stock markets. Like many I'm mostly accustomed with forex, it would be interesting to know the experience of traders traders using others markets, as well as any characteristics that must be considered.
I trade UK shares but not with MT5,  as I trade the actual shares I can only go long,  not short.

RaptorUK:
I trade UK shares but not with MT5,  as I trade the actual shares I can only go long,  not short.
Ah, why not ? Sorry, I know nothing to shares.

angevoyageur:
Ah, why not ? Sorry, I know nothing to shares.
I trade them in my SIPP (Self Invested Personal Pension) and there is no facility to go short.  Shorting shares is usually done, effectively, by borrowing the shares from your Broker and selling them . . .    Shorting GBPUSD is just like buying USDGBP there is no direct equivalent to this with shares.  Of course spreadbetting shares and futures and I suspect CFDs can be shorted . . . 

RaptorUK:
I trade them in my SIPP (Self Invested Personal Pension) and there is no facility to go short.  Shorting shares is usually done, effectively, by borrowing the shares from your Broker and selling them . . .    Shorting GBPUSD is just like buying USDGBP there is no direct equivalent to this with shares.  Of course spreadbetting shares and futures and I suspect CFDs can be shorted . . . 

So this restriction with shares to go short come from the platform. I suppose there is no such restriction with MT5, otherwise I don't see advantage to use it.

I don't know spreadbetting, nor futures and CFDs.

Indizes: SP500, US30 and Ger30

USOil and XAUUSD

I tried to trade gold and silver with real money but sorry ... initial deposit size ....

newdigital:
I tried to trade gold and silver with real money but sorry ...
are you going to use arbitrage ? if....

I used to trade indices years ago (Dax and S&P mainly), but they were, and still are, too expensive in my opinion. The pricing is also unfairly laddered; if you want to build positions into any size, the minimum lot size you can start with is around £1, so you would need to be prepared to run some huge positions. Indices are also easy to manipulate short-term with HFT as they trade on exchanges, and can be moved in practically infinite ways through their many components and with optionality(they are a market makers' wet-dream), so unless there is some serious fundamental flows in the market(i.e. a strictly palatable risk on/ risk off environment) there is a good chance someone will have a go at squeezing you. As Nassim Tableb said, "they are a toy".
Reason: